Migrating to New Host

HI all. I am looking at migrating my HAOS from my proxmox to a Generic x86-64 running HAOS

I did migrate my HA from a raspberry Pi to my proxmox back in 2020 (covid project) but now my HA is more an integral part of my house, so I need to make sure any outage is minimal, and I want to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.

So, my plan is to do a backup of the whole system (including all add-ons) and them import it to the next host.
After that I will power off the old host and change the IP to the current IP of the home assistant.
Is that all, am I missing something.
I currently have z2m running on another machine, so it needs to be sent to the correct IP address. I also subscribe to Nabu Casa, so not sure if I need to re-sign into it under a new machine.

So, if anyone has any recent experiences and is there anything I need to keep an eye on when i do the migration.

Nothing else I can think of. You should be good to go. And if there is an issue you still have the old system to fall back to, and the backup to pull files from (do not password protect it, that will make things difficult).

Not sure what you are doing with IP addresses? Take the original Home Assistant server offline- just unplug the Ethernet cable. Set up the new host then restore your configuration to it. Then you find the new host IP in your router and set a permanent IP lease in the DHCP server. (Some routers call it “static”, some call it “fixed”).

Make sure you keep the setup on your proxmox server, just power it down. Then if the new setup does not work for some reason you can just reboot your proxmox install.

It is better to keep the old IP address, especially if you have the mqtt add-on and your mqtt devices connect to the old IP address. Unless, like in my case, I would like to change the configuration of about 150 mqtt devices.

One step at a time. First, get the backup restored and working. Then start complicating the periphery.