Migration from container deployment to HomeAssistantOS

Greetings, HA Community!

I’ve been poring over the docs, and the forums - and while I find a lot of similar but different threads - I haven’t stumbled upon the one that answers why current question.

I got started with HomeAssistant by way of this project - so my current “Production” HA install is deployed on a Balena Fin and uses the containerized version. As noted elsewhere, I’ve experienced a variety of implications from the deployment pattern - and I’d like to ‘migrate’ to a more vanilla, mainstream pattern like running HomeAssistantOS on an RPi4, having a Supervisor module / panel, and finding files where I expect them. :slight_smile:

So - just curious about the migration process. I’ve got a new / fresh install running on a RPI4 - but all my (extensive) Zigbee and ZWave configurations have been migrated (from an old SmartThings v1 hub) to the Balena Fin, with a Nortek USB Zigbee / ZWave dongle.

Could it be as simple / straight-forward as taking a snapshot on the current, ‘production’ device (Balena Fin) – then unplugging the Dongle, moving it to the RPi4, and restoring the snapshot?

Apologies if I failed to find the right doc link or forum post - I welcome all #ProTips or RTFM links. :smiley:

Peace,
Billy

Interestingly – I can’t even find a facility for creating a snapshot or backup, in my current installation.

In case this answers some questions about what the installation is / includes - perhaps this is relevant or helps?

System Health

version: core-2021.6.5
installation_type: Home Assistant Container
dev: false
hassio: false
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.8.9
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.83-v7
arch: armv7l
timezone: America/Los_Angeles

logged_in: true
subscription_expiration: July 14, 2021, 5:00 PM
relayer_connected: true
remote_enabled: false
remote_connected: false
alexa_enabled: true
google_enabled: true
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: failed to load: timeout

dashboards: 2
resources: 0
views: 1
mode: yaml

Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions!
Billy

You probably just need to back up your Docker volume, wherever the command placed it.