Migration left zwave off the table

I did a full backup of home assistant

• Core2024.4.0
  • Supervisor2024.03.1
  • Operating System12.1
  • Frontend20240403.1

its running on a pi4 and I have to admit it works well, mostly, but is not ideal. It does lag and misses automoation fires… I dont care what you purists say, it DOES happen…

tried moving to my Dell R720 with proxmox installed and everything passed though rather well except zwave and some locks. I dont care about the locks, but I do care about zwave. Everything else seems to be fine. When I finally gave up and went back to the rPi I have for this, zwave picked up where it left off and was/is fine.

Please help. :frowning: I am not sure were to go from here. Everytime I try to move from this pi4, I have to go right back for functionality. Booooooo

Let’s isolate this to one issue at a time. Considering your original title is ZWave let’s start there.

Need a LOT more here

Define except. What’s not working.

Is it not starting? Not seeing the coordinator? Not controlling devices?

Are you ZHA or ZWaveJS addon or ZWaveJSUI.

Please. Post relevant logs.

1 Like

How are you running zwave?

If I had to guess, zwave moved from, for example, /dev/zwave on RasPi to /dev/other_location on Dell.

Verify the zwave stick is connecting.

If that’s not the problem, provide logs for HA and zwave.

Integration and addon folders should be in the same place. Not platform dependent

Work inward from connection of usb stick to Proxmox then pass through to the VM then getting the correct hardware (by-id) assignment.

The log will ID it immediately.

How does that relate to zwave stick?

I am saying the mounted location of device has changed. Dell and RasPi mounted location may not match.

I read it as folders not as sticks.

for sticks you’re absolutely correct.

Don’t answer tired, Nathan :joy:

2 Likes

I was able to get it worked out by just readding all of the zwave devices I have. Luckily, I dont have that many. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it