Mini Graph Card appearance

I’m trying to display a stock price, but no matter how I adjust the settings, the graph is all vertical and horizontal lines, no diagonals from price point to price point. It looks nothing like a stock chart. Any ideas?

Use apexcharts. You have control over the graph splines, either point to point (like you want), a curve fitted between points, or the step between points (like you have now).

You may use mini-graph-card as well, it does not have “steps”.

Actually yeah, you’re right. It depends on your points per hour and if you have smoothing set to true.

points_per_hour: 60
smoothing: true

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 14-07-48 Administration - Home Assistant

points_per_hour: 1

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 14-08-19 Administration - Home Assistant

points_per_hour: 1
smoothing: false

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 14-14-13 Administration - Home Assistant

(24 hour graph).

The mini graph card does not give me the appearance I’m looking for at all. The apex chart is much better, but still only draws a line from points at every hour no matter what I set the update_interval to. Isn’t there a way I can get a point every 5 minutes?

Even after I showed the examples above that gave you exactly what you asked for?

Is your sensor supplying a reading (at least) every 5 minutes?

If it is, then for the mini graph card you would use:

points_per_hour: 12 # or more

If your sensor is not supplying updates at least every five minutes then no, there is nothing you can do.

I’m beginning to think that the data is not coming in in smaller increment than an hour so it’s not an issue with the chart settings, but the integration pulling the quotes. Thanks.