Mini-media player and blasting the whole house!

Mini-media player installed and functioning - check
Mini-media players in each room configured with their own radio channel push buttons - check
Amazon Alexa devices configured as one big group and functioning - check
HA communications with Amazon gives me an entity of media_player.everywhere - check
Set up a card containing: type: custom:mini-media-player with entity: media_player.everywhere hoping to be able to blast the whole house with a single channel selection on all of my Echos - nada

I know mini-media_player kinda revolves around sonos rather than echo so I have no issue with this attempt being unsuccessful/unsupported. I’m just checking to see if I’m just overlooking something or just doing something stupid.

What aboyt Alexa Media Player?

He’s already using that component to get the media_player entities.

Have you tried just using the media_player.play_media service to play a track to that media_player entity just to know that it works from that service bypassing the mini-media_player completely?

At least you would know if it’s isolated to the mini media player and not some other point of failure.

Good idea. We’re going through several layers here. So testing gives me:

Using the Alexa voice command of “Play xxx everywhere” does work.
Using the media_player.play_media service works for an individual echo works but not the media_player.everywhere.
Using the media_player.play_media service calling a pre-defined HA group containing all my echo’s works.
Using the group works fine for tts or alexa commands but pukes on amazon music due to Amazon only allowing a single stream to a device… but amazon music does stream to all devices when I call for it verbally.

I think that’s your problem right there.

I don’t know how to solve that but at least I think it tells you to stop trying to “fix” the mini-media card and move to the real problem.

Maybe you should post that issue over on the main alexa media thread and see if they can give you a hand.

1 Like