Mini Media Player custom card does not show up in Lovelace

Hi everyone,
I´m struggling with installing custom-card mini-media-player via HACS, maybe someone can point me in the right direction…

I have already read through dozens of websites, docs and forum topics, but due to the evolving changes around lovelace (YAML vs. GUI managed ressources) and HACS (/hacsfiles, /config/www directory) I haven´t been successful up to now.

Here is what I have done:

• successfully installed mini-media-player 1.11 using HACS
  • checked /config/www/community that it contains a folder “mini-media-player” containing the necessary files
  • added the following to “Settings->Lovelace-Dashboards-> Ressorces”:
    URL: /hacsfiles/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js
    Ressorce-Type: Module
  • restarted the server

When I want to add a new card to an existing lovelace dashboard, mini-media-player is not showing up in the available card types.
I tried the same thing with the custom “light-entity-card” and the card is showing up right after restart. It needs no further configuration and works just fine…

Does anyone have a clue what I am missing?
Thanks,

Marko

It doesn’t have a GUI card - you have to use the manual card (at the very bottom of the list) and then enter the yaml for it. Open the manual card then click show code editor at the bottom-left.

Below is one that I use, as an example, with two cards in a vertical stack controlling two separate media players (Volumio Pi’s named RadioPiZero and RadioPiOne). In my case I hide the power buttons, as they are always on and I use play/pause to start/stop them.

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
    entity: media_player.radiopizero
    volume_stateless: false
    hide:
      power: true
  - type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
    entity: media_player.radiopione
    volume_stateless: false
    hide:
      power: true

Thank you, Darren!
That did the trick for me. I was expecting some sort of custom card turning up. Guess I missunderstood the documentation. Once I got this working, the examples are pretty clear and I have my 2 media players sucessfully configured as single and multiroom entities…

cheers,
Marko

You’re welcome.

As you say, it’s a manual set-up, but not too difficult once you understand that.