Mini Thermostat

Another take on the thermostat card. I wanted to have a small card which could control my Nest, without pushing other cards all the way down.

See https://github.com/Devqon/lovelace-mini-thermostat

It can be installed through HACS by adding the above github link.

This is my first Lovelace custom card without pre-knowledge, so there probably are a lot of things that can be done better/different. Let me know what you think!

18 Likes

This card is looking great. It is a good start for a complete simple thermostat card.
The current thermostat card is way to big and i hate the radial style. And the simple thermostat that is known to every one is also to big for me. Iā€™ve been looking for this for a while and in the meantime I used something I created myself with the button card.

I see itā€™s still in the first stage and you are working on it. I will follow this for updates and will test it sometimes.

I already got a request for this card.

• It would be nice to add a name to the card, I got multiple thermostats (using 6, zone heating) so I would like to see which thermostat I am changing. Maybe add a nice little text on top of the card.
  • Or better yet, I would also like to see the possibility to hide the dropdown menu. I am not using it (and maybe others also???) so itā€™s kinda in the way now. Maybe add an option to change the dropdown for a text like the name of the thermostat.
  • Is it also possible to (maybe as an option instead of the dropdown menu) add small buttons? Like custom presets for temperature. Letā€™s say 3 buttons that you can assign to a preset temperature (im using 15, 18 and 21).

Thank you for your support!

The dropdown is already configurable in version 0.0.3:

- type: custom:mini-thermostat
  entity: climate.my_climate
  dropdown: 'hvac_modes' | 'preset_modes' | leave empty

The other two I have created feature requests for in the github repo. I started with creating what I wanted specifically for my control, but I can see that others could use some other configurables.

Sounds good, but I think something is wrong.
My card keeps showing the preset modes, even if i have hvac modes or nothing in the dropdown row.

- type: 'custom:mini-thermostat'
  entity: climate.woonkamer
  dropdown: 'hvac_modes'

or

dropdown: ''

both shows the preset mode in the dropdown menu

Oops youā€™re right, I uploaded the wrong artefact on release 0.0.3, I now uploaded the correct one. You may need to uninstall-reinstall the 0.0.3 in HACS

Works like a charm now!

Will wait for the next update, good luck!

v0.0.4: Configurable name, either in the header or instead of the dropdown. See https://github.com/Devqon/lovelace-mini-thermostat/releases/tag/v0.0.4

Just started to look at climate component.

This is a great start and much more friendly on layout space.

As a request moving forwards. Could this include 2 climate components like the dual thermostat and offer heat and cool in one.

Update 0.0.4 gives an error when putting a custom name in the dropdown field

dropdown: 'Woonkamer'
    dropdown: Woonkamer

error_minitherm

Please try again :slight_smile: (reinstall) It is clear I need to pay some more attention to my release process.

Thank you for your work, I am really interested in the buttons.
Sadly, it seems the newest update (0.0.5) nothing changed.

layout:
      name: 'Woonkamer'
      preset_buttons:
        - temperature: 15
          name: '15'
        - temperature: 18
          name: '18'
        - temperature: 21
          name: '21'

dropdown: 'Woonkamer'

First card only gives the current temperature and the temperature setting with the arrows.
No name and no buttons.

Second card has the same code as used in 0.0.4, and gives the same result obviously as 0.0.4.
Except, it shouldnt, since the option dropdown is removed and placed under the layout object in the 0.0.5 code

Capture

Iā€™m not sure how HACS work, but it didnā€™t update the js files. When I de-install and re-install it does install the correct js file.
I dubbel-checked multiple times, the release contains the correct files.

I did the same now. Instead of reinstall. I now uninstalled and then install again, that did the trick.

great work! any chances to add room for by example, humidity data from sensor?

Please add it as a feature request on GitHub, preferably with a proposal where you would want to see it

Hi,

Would it possible to add hygrostat functionality? (only need unit change to % instead of degrees, rename modes to humidify/dehumidify, respectively and change icon to something wind related :slight_smile:; backend logic would be the same as with the regular thermostat).

Iā€™ve been trying to add this repository to HACS, but I keep getting this message:

'An error ocoured while processing

Exception: HacsException
Could not add this repository, make sure it is compliant with HACS."

Any idea whatā€™s wrong?

It works super nice for me, really clean, the type of card I was looking for but the arrows are not showing up for me, I can click up and down but the icons will not show up.

Also, when adding some presets, the actual temperature will not show up properly:

Solved the icon issue replacing paper-icon-button with ha-icon-button inside the .js

Solved the temperature breaking in two lines by using icons inside the button!

Hello
Iā€™m new with HA, not with home automation (domoticz, jeedom, ā€¦).
Running on Syno DS718+ docker.

In the Lovelace UI/ressources I have put ā€œ/community_plugin/lovelace-mini-thermostat/mini-thermostat.jsā€ + module
Restarted

When I define a mini-thermostat card I have this kind of error:

Overview_Home_Assistant

No card type configured.

• entity: climate.cuisine
    type: ā€˜custom:mini-thermostatā€™

Any idea of whatā€™s wrong ?
Thanks for the help