Minor issue with zwave dimmable components

I was running 0.59.2 on AIO Pi 3. All is pretty well except the database file and syslog get huge every few days.

Figured it was time to build and configure a new Pi, so I did with the Hass.io image, also 0.59.2. Basically all is well EXCEPT I have a GE Zwave dimmable light bulb and a GE Zwave 12724 dimmable switch which controls recessed lights with dimmable bulbs.

Both of these devices operate fine however when using an automation (motion detector turns dimmable bulb on for 4 minutes in the garage when motion detected…the lamp doesn’t turn off via automation. It dims almost to zero but it doesn’t flip the switch in the frontend.

On my AIO Pi it works fine but on the Hass.io image the automation works but again won’t turn to zero with the turn off automation. As a workaround I call the turnoff twice with the automation.

automation 4:
  alias: Motion Detector Garage On
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.ecolink_motion_detector_sensor
      to: 'on'
  action:
    - service: homeassistant.turn_on
      data:
        entity_id: light.ge_unknown_type4c42_id3031_level
        brightness_pct: 80
automation 5:
  alias: Motion Detector Garage Off
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.ecolink_motion_detector_sensor
      to: 'off'
  action:
    - service: homeassistant.turn_off
      data:
        transition: 5
  action:
    - service: light.turn_off
      data:

With the recessed lighting I turn it on with Alexa (Alexa turn on Den Recessed Lights) Same thing. If the intensity is set at 100%, telling Alexa to turn it off only brings the slider intensity over close to shut off but not enough to shut it off and flip the frontend switch.

As a workaround I set the intensity to 75% or so and then when telling it to shutdown it will come all the way to zero.

What the heck?