Mirabella Genio Smart Home

No seriously, please - how can I continue to use the Genio app, but ALSO control my Mirabella lights, with HomeAssistant, is this possible?

Did you try the Tuya integration?

I did and itā€™s not working.
I edited /usr/share/hassio/homeasistant/configuration.yaml and I added the following

tuya:
username: [email protected]
password: password
country_code: 61

saved file
rebooted, no sign of Tuya in my HA?

I also tried adding platform: tuya at the end.

How do I ā€œsearchā€ for Tuya apps? Whereā€™s the log to see if the credentials I put in, even worked?
I see no reference to the word ā€œTuyaā€ in my entities or devices.

the tuya integration doesnt support all items and this is why they probably dont show up

To be clear, I donā€™t have any tuya devices added yet.

(Yes I know thatā€™s ridiculousā€¦)

I just want the tuya plugin working so when I add my Mirabella globes it works

EDIT:

Ok yep as soon as the devices were added to the Tuya app and the plugin correctly configured in the configuration.yaml file - they auto added lovely!
Sorry / thanks all.

Important question!
Is there a way on the front page of HA to tell ALL GLOBES IN HOUSE to be the same colour, in one go? I can individually control them - but it would be nice to set a theme for the whole house.?

create a group for the lights.
then you can control the colour/temp/brightness using the group

Thanks for that, I found the guide, did it, it worked - cool.

I donā€™t suppose thereā€™s a way to tell my system ā€œwhatever youi do, make the Xioami gateway MUCH DIMMER than the Mirabellaā€ ? itā€™s so much brighter than the 2 proper globes

Hi there, beginner question here.
I have been trying to flash a Mirabella Genio bulb from Bunnings using the OTA method with a raspi and the bin file created using ESPHome. I have been following the cookbook but am stuck on actually running the Tuya Convert startup script. I have made sure everything is updated, but cannot seem to get progress. Has anyone any advice on this?
If this is a tuya-convert problem, which I suspect it is, then please feel free to tell me to go over to their github site!
thanks, Phil in Perth

pi@raspberrypi:~/tuya-convert $ ./start_flash.sh 
Checking for network interface wlan0... Found.
Checking UDP port 53... Occupied by dnsmasq with PID 496.
Port 53 is needed to resolve DNS queries
Do you wish to terminate dnsmasq? [y/N] y
Attempting to stop dnsmasq.service
Checking UDP port 67... Available.
Checking TCP port 80... Available.
Checking TCP port 443... Available.
Checking UDP port 6666... Available.
Checking UDP port 6667... Available.
Checking TCP port 1883... Occupied by mosquitto with PID 482.
Port 1883 is needed to run MQTT
Do you wish to terminate mosquitto? [y/N] y
Attempting to stop mosquitto.service
Checking TCP port 8886... Available.
======================================================
  Starting AP in a screen.

Hey Phil, did you use an Android phone or tablet to connect to the vtrust-flash wifi AP that Tuya-convert creates? Once you do that you need to put the bulb into pairing mode, generally by power cycling it a few times until it starts flashing

thanks @sparkydave, although the vtrust-flash AP is present on the local network I cannot connect to it with an Android phone. I have connected the phone to lots of esp8266s acting as access points in the past, so I know the phone is OK.
I assumed this was a problem with startup script. There is a little bit of this sort of thing on the tuya-convert github site.

Well you definitely need the android device connected to the vttrust-flash AP for it to work. Iā€™ve never had any trouble with my phone connecting to it so not sure what to say. Are you using the latest version of Tuya-convert? I know when I recently updated to the latest version, I was prompted about the wpa-supplicant, which needed to be deleted.

Would you be interested in testing out ESPhome on these christmas lights? I bought some but am away for work for a week so wonā€™t be able to test for a while. I got some help on Discord and here is some code that we could test out as a starting point:

esphome:
  name: 2led
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi: # put your wifi credentials here

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:

output:
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output1
    pin: GPIO12
    inverted: true

- platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output2
    pin: GPIO14
    inverted: true

- platform: template
    id: outputsplit
    type: float
    write_action:
      - output.set_level:
          id: output1
          level: !lambda return state;
      - output.set_level:
          id: output2
          level: !lambda return state;

light:
  - platform: monochromatic
    name: "test"
    id: testlight
    output: outputsplit

effects:
      - strobe:

EDIT: credit to @ssieb on Discord

You donā€™t need to use a phone to connect. Any device works. I use another laptop for that purpose.

Thereā€™s a mistake in that config. One of the GPIO outputs should not be inverted. I just tested with a couple of LEDs and it looks like it should work. I can fade between the two. Once someone can verify that this does work with those lights, I can make it more useful.

thanks @ssieb, sadly nothing seems to connect.
@sparkydave I am simply cloning the github repo for tuya-convert git clone https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert. Is this the latest, or is everyone using a different fork?
I have been through the whole process a few times without success, using a couple of RapPi 3+ so I am comfortable its not hardware relatedā€¦

Just follow the instructions as per this. Worked for me. Did it mention the wpa-supplicant? I take it that you have the RPi connected to your network via Ethernet so the wifi is available to run the AP?

yes @sparkydave I followed those instructions. Yes the raspi is connected via ethernet.
No mention of wpa_supplicant though. Can you recall when it prompted you to delete that?

It was either when I upgraded from a previous tuya-convert version, or when I first ran the tuya-convert script after upgrading, I canā€™t quite remember

@sparkydave @ssieb

So I just tried the yaml for the tree lights.
It works ok. with 1 inverted and 1 normal gpio it strobes from 1 channel to the other, brightness cant be adjusted.