Mirabella Genio Smart Home

@Dino80 I have a few that I use. Give them a try:

Genio CW Bulb {"NAME":"GenioBulbCW","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,38,37,0,0,0,40,39,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}
Genio RGBW Bulb {"NAME":"GenioBulbRGB","GPIO":[255,255,255,255,37,40,255,255,38,255,39,255,255],"FLAG":1,"BASE":18}
Genio WW Bulb {"NAME":"GenioBulbWW","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,37,40,0,0,38,41,39,0,0],"FLAG":1,"BASE":18}

I tried the ā€œGenio Dimmable 5.5W LED Candle Bulbā€ from Kmart. Have not been able to make it work yet. I will try again later. Has anyone flashed this bulb successfully?

1 Like

Hi @marc315
Did you every get this to work? The motion sensor? I was looking at getting and testing it
Cheers

See @JohanPotgieterā€™s response higher. They are not supported by Tasmota.

Hey Johan. Iā€™ve got the same issue with the Arlec PC189HA (single plug) did you end up figuring out why it resets?

@lukeoly gave up after about 10 tries. I will revisit it when I have some time. Unfortunately, I havenā€™t found a solution yet. I would love to as these plugs are cheap and easy to find. If I make headway with it I will definitely post my solution here.

Iā€™m convinced thereā€™s something not right with the blakadder template. I managed to get it working last night by leaving the template off completely. The red LED flashes every 1-2 seconds and the physical button doesnā€™t do anything but the switch does toggle within the tasmota screen and in my homebridge/homekit setup. I would like to get the LEDs and button working like it did with the original firmware though.

@lukeoly I would suggest making a not of the items on the original blackadder template and adding them one at a time to see what causes the strange behaviour. You are definitely on the right track. I will get back on this soon myself and see if we can knock this out the park.

So I attempted to flash a Genio CWWW bulb from Kmart, using the latest tuya-convert and the firmware code from the esphome cookbook. Tuya-convert went fine but when I attempted to upload the firmware the bulb went off and did not come back on again. Now it wonā€™t switch on at all. Canā€™t put it in pair mode, canā€™t do anything with it. Have I bricked the bulb? Iā€™ve previously flashed the monochrome bulb without issue.

@brazen00 Try rebooting your router. Then login to your router and just check that the bulb is joining the wifi and getting an IP.

Can you paste your ESPhome config, blank out the SSID and password settings so I can take a look for you?

When you go to ESPHome, can you see the node as online or is it red?

Thanks Marc. I figured out what was wrong, I had a typo in one of the GPIO pins in the ESPHome config. I flashed another bulb with the fixed config and it worked fine.

I rebooted the router and the bulb is joining the wifi and getting an IP. In the ESPHome dashboard, I canā€™t see the node at all. I flashed the new bulb with the same firmware (including the same name). The only node I can see with that name returns the IP address of the new bulb.

And I figured out how to fix it. Thanks for your help Marc. I hadnā€™t thought that the bulb might be connecting to the wifi but just not switching on. I ended up assigning it a fixed IP in the config file to get around the fact that I had two bulbs with the same name, then uploaded the corrected firmware. All good.

1 Like

Try this config. I worked this one out myself, but someone had beat me to publishing the config on Blakadder. I published the config for the twin Arlec switch.

This will give you a blue on/off light on the switch.

{"NAME":"Arlec Single","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,57,0,0,0,21,0,90,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

@kanga_who Great job Jason. Works for me. Now Iā€™m struggling my ass off to get the GU10 working. I know others have reported that it works. I just canā€™t get it to flush.

Did you use v1 or the new v2 of Tuya convert when you had success with th GU10? I have been struggling for 2 hours without success. I will also try a fresh install of stretch. Worked for me last time.

Used Tuya convert v2 on raspberian stretch. Had to make sure all the the dependencies were installed from the git clone before it would work. I ended up running the git clone command to a different directory ā€œTuya-convert2ā€ before it would work properly. The light turns off when the handshake begins, just wait and it will turn on again before it begins the rom backup. Good luck.

I still havenā€™t been able to get it to work. I started with a fresh ā€œstretchā€ install. Updated everything. I get no real errors other than:

Starting AP on wlan0 in screen terminal...
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
wlan0: Could not connect to kernel driver

However, the AP does start and I can connect to it. I read on the web that the error should be ignored as the AP does start later and works. as you can see here.

Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr b8:27:eb:8e:e9:6c and ssid "vtrust-flash"
wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan0: AP-ENABLED

In my MQTT log I do get this a lot:

1571973035: Received PUBLISH from P1 (d0, q0, r0, m0, 'smart/device/in/112180462cf432afdb32', ... (111 bytes))
1571973035: Sending PUBLISH to 112180462cf432afdb32 (d0, q0, r0, m0, 'smart/device/in/112180462cf432afdb32', ... (111 bytes))
1571973035: Socket error on client P1, disconnecting.
1571973115: Client 112180462cf432afdb32 has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.
1571973115: Socket error on client 112180462cf432afdb32, disconnecting.

I do guess this is from the client side disconnecting from the mqtt server and not a error just the way the device works.

I donā€™t know what more to do. I used different devices to connect to the AP. I used a different socket on the GU10 (it is an old spotlight, itā€™s right next to the RPi now). I donā€™t know what I am missing. My light blinks a few times and then just stays on. I do remember that my other bulbs always went off before the flushing started.

Hi, using this configuration lamp work, (i have a chinese rgbw 10w, but it is not possible to change the white color temp (whit lamp original firmware and app was possible to use colors an even to change temperature of the white light). Whit Tasmota white light color temperature is not adjustable. I didnā€™t yet understand if it is a Home assistant issue or Tasmota issue. Someone had this problem?

@gt4020 The issue is with the template you are using on Tasmota. I would suggest that you find a device on blakadder that is similar and try that template. If it is an Australian product try this link.

If you donā€™t understand what Iā€™m talking about just reply to me and I will give you step by step instructions on how to get this working for you.

Thank you, i know Tasmota templates. I will try someone of those.

1 Like