Missing ‘Hand’ Icon and Status Information in Node-RED UI – Need Help Resolving UI Glitches

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered a problem with the user interface in my Node-RED installation concerning the absence of a “hand” icon for launching the timestamp. Instead, there is only a thick cross visible, which prevents normal operation. Here are the details:

Problem description:

Instead of the expected “hand” icon for launching the timestamp, only a thick cross for moving the node appears when I hover the cursor over the appropriate area.
Additionally, there is a lack of status information under the nodes, such as messages after deploying (e.g., “connected, run etc.”), even though the nodes function properly. This makes it impossible for me to debug or manually initiate the node in the flow.
Environment:

Node-RED version: 17.0.13
Browser and version:
Operating system: [please provide operating system and version]
Steps taken:

I refreshed the browser and cleared its cache.
I checked the browser console for errors.
I disabled all saved flows in the Dashboard; they are inactive.
I restarted Node-RED.
Could someone help me diagnose and resolve this issue? Has anyone had a similar situation?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Have you tried accessing Node-Red from outside Home assistant ?
In a browser enter http://localhost:1880/ You’ll then be prompted for a user name and password, use your Home Assistant main login credentials.
You should then see Node-Red as you normally do. Now try your timestamp.
If it works then you have a problem that a lot of users have (including me). I can’t tell you how to fix the issue but it’s an acceptable work around whilst you find a permanent solution - and if you do, please post it back here as I would love to fix mine !