Missing Hass.io Tab

so you’ve modified your config? I didn’t think ‘cloud’ was automatically included.

It looks to me like your configuration.yaml is incorrect.

You have a configuration tab, which means that you have config: in your system. Thus, I think, the hassio tab would be there if you had hassio.

I’m also thinking you used the manual install method as you said “after some hours” but hassio is flash and start with a 20 minute update time on first run.

Something is not right in the information you’re giving us about your system.

‘cloud’ is automatically included

I agree, something is wrong with the configuration.yaml, but i am not able to correct it.

I dont do anything else, i mount the cd card in the pi - some minuts aften boot i get the … installing hassio 20 min (this take more than 20 min, perhaps not hours but longer than 20 min)

I need the hass.io tab, too install samba, too correct the configuration.yaml :cry:

Thank for all the help

Can you post your configuration.yaml in a code block without any passwords/sensitive information.

Is the device definitely connected to the internet?

Im not able to get access to the configuration.yaml - cant find it on the sd.

The device is connected to the internet - yes. Any idea - can this result in this.

The connection from the pi is cabel, but our installation get internet via 4G

Dunno, but if you’re saying it’s the default configuration and the cloud component as ‘standard’ doesn’t have any configuration options then logically the only reason it would fail is if it can’t reach something on the Internet.

Thank for you help, getting me on the right track - change the internet connection did the trick.

I have a 4G router and after that and internal router, dont no why, but connecting the pi direct to the 4G router solved the problem

Now Samba is on, and it look all good :grinning:

1 Like

i know its an old thread but do you do if your hass.io tab loads for a long time?

I’m having the same issue not sure how to edit my yaml other than using putty

Atom/visual studio code + SSH extension

1 Like

You saved the day
cheers mate

I added this code in my configuration file but it is still not working.
Not it shows this

The following component and platforms could not be set up:

• hassio

Are you running hassio or hassbian/python environment/something else?

If you want hassio tab you HAVE to be running hassio plain and simple

I think I am runing hassio in docker. how can i check it is hassio or hassbian?

hassbian is a complete OS, it is Raspbian with home assistant already installed. You CANNOT be running it in Docker.

Home Assistant could be running in Docker also, without hassio…

How about you tell us how YOU installed it?

The bug that hassio tab is not loading after a restart still exists. Are there any fixes available or at least in work?

Problem in logs look like:

2019-01-03 16:20:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] Timeout on /supervisor/ping request 
2019-01-03 16:20:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Not connected with Hass.io 
2019-01-03 16:20:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for hassio: Component failed to initialize.

I’m having the same problem in Ubuntu 18.04. I have installed HassXXX (io or bian) via Docker (docker run -d --name=“home-assistant” -v /home/user/ha/:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8123:8123 homeassistant/home-assistant).

Considering so many people get confused about hassio and hassbian I think there should be an explanation on the landing page of homeassistant for clarifications.

I have also tried installing via the guide from https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/, section " Alternative: install on generic Linux server".

Adding “hassio:” to my config file as mentioned in https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/ doesn’t solve the issue either.

This runs HOME ASSISTANT in a docker container. Not hassio. Hassbian is an OS and not a docker image.

If you want to install hassio on a Linux machine, this is the only way to do so.

This only works if you’ve already installed/running hassio