Missing parts of HA

Hi alltogether,
my name is Patrick, I’m from Europe and a newbie in Raspi(4) + Home Assistant :frowning:

I’ve set up a Raspbian light OS with docker and installed there HA. It’s running but I already had problems to add my Homematic IP devices (they’re handled via Raspi Zero with RaspberryMatic).
For that I had to add the devices via SSH to the configuration.aml

Now I want to add some sockets (successfully flashed with tasmota) but again it’s not working with the description:
“Add xxDevicexx by adding via ‘Integration’”

I also don’t have this “Supervisor” area
=> Installation of addons isn’t available

What is wrong? How can I add elements with this “Integration” tool?

For me it’s not very useful to add/configurate everything by logging in via SSH and add something to a text file >.>

Thank you very much in advance

You have installed Home Assistant Container. Only Home Assistant OS or Home Assistant Supervised have the supervisor.

The good news is that you don’t need the supervisor to install integrations. They are available in the UI menu Configuration / Integrations /

More on installation types:

Thank you for your quick response :slight_smile:

It’s not working… When I’m clicking this nothing happens and only all possible integrations are shown again:

Or maybe…
Is it possible to install Home Assistant Supervised parallel to other things like Nextcloud, pi-hole, … on raspbian?
-> I thought this won’t work so I tried it with docker

With respect to integrations, there is no difference between any installation type. Only thing you get with HA Supervised on Raspbian is a warning about using an unsupported OS.

1 Like

What version of home assistant are you on (Configuration / Info )?

Version 2021.1.4
Installation Type Home Assistant Container
Development false
Supervisor false
Docker true
Virtual Environment false
Python Version 3.8.7
Operating System Family Linux
Operating System Version 5.4.83-v7l+
CPU Architecture armv7l
Timezone Europe/Zurich

Frontend-Version: 20201229.1 - latest

Please update. https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/23/security-disclosure2/

I’m completly confused everytime I start again doing anything with home assistant :rage:

Is in the supervised variant also everything in a container? This was claimed in a reddit forum -> would solve all the problems (parallel creating own containers with docker for other applications)

Update is done, but it’s still not running (got a message in the logs -> dependency MQTT is missing => waiting for answer to see if supervised variant would be the better solution)

HA Core is the main application. It requires a suitable Python environment that can be created on the host or provided by a Linux container (AKA Docker). The later setup is called HA Container.

The supervisor can organize a „core“ container and add-on-containers. It can be installed on a pre-installed, supported OS (Debian Buster for now), which is called HA Supervised. You can also get a distribution which contains HA Supervised and a minimal, dedicated OS. The name then is HA OS.

So, it‘s either HA directly on the host (HA Core) or it‘s Docker.

But it’s also possible to install it on Raspberry Pi OS, right? I only get the said “Unsupported OS” message?

Sounds like the nicer solution to me :thinking:

Don‘t know. Having a working OS and tools like docker and docker-compose, I don‘t see any benefits in a supervisor.