Missing type on OpenZwave

Hi.
I got two sets of Aeontec LED Stips(ZW121-B) that I am trying to use. They are showing up as unknown on OpenZwave when I add them to the network. After looking at it, it looks like the product is on the OpenZwave DB.
https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1999
So I am thinking that my Product Type ID may be different from the ones in the manufacturer_specific.xml.

So my question is, Is there a way I can find the Product ID and Product Type of the device on the Zwave network itself?
I am trying to find it so I can add it to my manufacturer_specific.xml file as shown here https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/wiki/Adding-Devices#adding-the-device-to-the-database

Any help would be much appreciated.
I am running the OpenZwave Beta integration with homeassistant.

Many Thanks
Chris

If you use ozw-admin, the Node Info pane shows you the product id and type. Otherwise, you can use something like MQTT Explorer and look into metadata for the node.

Hi @freshcoast

I looked on ozw-admin, it shows nothing on the node info page, I attached a pic. I also looked in MQTT Explorer and I can see anything that stands out, do you know where I need to look on the node for the info?

Doesn’t look like the information has been discovered yet. What does the Node Status page show?

Hi,

The Query state shows Complete and Status Awake

Thanks
CVR

Hi @freshcoast

I contacted Aeontec and I have the device now showing correctly in OpenZwave, But homeassistant only shows it as a light that I can change the brightness off. How do I get homeassistant to show it a RGBW so I can change the colors?

Thanks again for your help

Chris

You shouldn’t have to do anything special. What is displayed for user values and system values?

I think I got it working, I had to change the setting in the Config Value " Report when the Color is changed", it was set to Disabled and I change it to Hail CC. Now if I switch it on the card change in HS and allow me to change the colors. Not sure if this is how it is meant to work.

Just happy I got it configured and can change the color now.
Here is my User and System Values

I am in the same boat, trying to get colors to work with the openzwave integration. It used to work, but I did a factory reset (and re-included all devices securely) so maybe it was some setting. Trying HAIL CC for the “Report when color is changed” mode now.

Update: I am seeing less user / system values than you are (via openzwave / ozwadmin). Will try to see what happens when I run OZW admin directly on a laptop with the stick plugged in.

@fastie81 is your ZW121 included secure or insecure?

Do not use secure inclusion unless your device requires it. All you will do is cause extra overhead on an already low bandwidth RF connection.

Hi, I have included everything and insecure with encryption. I think the only device I have as secure is my Yale lock as it requires it to be secured.

I had to bring the zw121 to within a meter from the controller to get it to include correctly.
Hope you get it sorted
Chris

Finally have it all up and running. I kept it included securely, but more nodes were not correctly included.

I am using the OpenZWave beta integration and I did a full reset of the whole network and included all the nodes 1 by 1 on the same day. It took several days and explicit device refreshes for the whole network to come up with all features enabled, but all seems to be working solid now!