Missing z-wave control panel

Hi, I’m running hass.io 0.63.2 with an Aeotec Gen 5 z stick on a Pi3. Everything I have read says you should see a z-wave control panel under configuration. But I cannot seem to find it, see attached screenshot. My understanding is it should be visible below the scripts selection, but it’s not there

hass_config

I added to the configuration

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

the device appears to be there

core-ssh:/# find . -name ‘ttyACM0’
./sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/tty/ttyACM0
./sys/class/tty/ttyACM0

if I unplug it then the device goes away… what am I missing? Thanks, Tom

2 spaces before usb_path: ?

Many thanks for pointing that out, had done a cut & paste for those lines. In the configuration editor it visually looked like there were spaces, but after retyping them and restarting it came up. Whew

I’m having the same. How do you get to the “core-ssh” level of ssh (I imagine outside of Home Assistant)? I started off Home Assistant image and would really like to have full Raspberry Pi -level ssh access.

This is an add-on for HassIO.

Then you will need to install a different OS. HassOS is not for you if you want full access to the Pi

I’m coming to the same insight about the platforms, but wanted to try out Hass.io to get a hang of it.

Anyways, I am still stuck, Home Assistant not finding /dev/ttyACM0 and any help on debugging this is appreciated. :slight_smile:

Setup:

• Hass.io installed from an image, on Raspberry Pi 4 (32-bit)
  • Wired connectivity
  • Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 plugged in, but not recognized

Dev tools > Logs shows this:

Checking my config passes (Terminal):

Hass.io > System > Hardware does not show a tty that could be the dongle:

What else should I check?

My story so far (day 2) is here: https://github.com/akauppi/raspberry-pi-zwave-setup#adding-the-z-stick-gen5

You’re using a Pi 4 with the Aeotec Z-stick. This has a known issue (which sounds like it’s the Pi’s fault).

I had the same issue and wracked my brain on it for hours before too much googling pointed me to finding out that I needed to plug the z-stick into a USB 2 hub (NOT 3!). It cost me $9 USD and solved all of my issues.

OK. Could it be because your device is actually: /dev/ttyAMA0 based on your screenshot of what the hassio hardware shows?

Why would you tell it ttyACM0 if it’s actually ttyAMA0?

As far as I know, /dev/ttyAMA0 is the “Tx, Rx pins for the Raspberry”.

The real thing is that Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 seems to be incompatible with Raspberry Pi 4, on an electrical level. Details are here. The original author’s works because he’s running on RPi 3.