Mitsubishi AC with Wemos D1 Mini Pro

Very nice!

1 Like

Note that not all mitsubishi climates have CN105 connector. I have one (newer) model which has smaller one (also original wifi module is different), also it has 12V power output, not 5V, so original voltage regulator gets quite hot (too hot), so i replaced it with switch-mode version to prevent overheating. I can’t tell model of connector though…i just cut wires of existing (original) wifi model and connected my module to that.

@Brazier85
Thanks. That fixed my issue!

So I have added this repo, it compiles correctly but now when it wants to push to the board it says

‘‘ERROR Error auth result: Error: Authentication invalid. Is the password correct?’’

if I do not put any line and just

Enable over-the-air updates.

ota:

• platform: esphome

I also get error saying it needs a password

my previous config was this

Enable over-the-air updates.

ota:

• password: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” #OPCIONAL
    platform: esphome

tried the new config from esphome website

Example configuration entry

ota:

• platform: esphome
    password: !secret ota_password

and put

ESPHome

ota_password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in the secrets file but is also not working

what am I doing wrong here ?

Just to clarify is cn105/cn100 port only available with mitsubishi electric? Is there workaround for mitsubishi heavy industries ac?

My warning was for mitsubishi electric, yes. Couldn’t say for “heavy industries” models, though, since i don’t have any.

You already get 5 in 1 order, but I can order multiple?

Sorry i was busy,

https://www.tinytronics.nl/nl/development-boards/microcontroller-boards/met-wi-fi/m5stack-atom-s3-lite-esp32-s3-development-board

If you have a Kumo, you may have MHK1 or MHK2 thermostats that you’d like to keep using, at least for the temperature sensors. This is a github project that uses and ESP32 as a man in the middle between the MHK and the CN105 jack, just like the Kumo interface: GitHub - akamali/mhk1_mqtt: Control Mitsubishi heat pump over the CN105 port using MHK1 and MQTT

It does talk to HA via MQTT, but the nice thing is it keeps the MHK1 thermostat as a point of local control, so it can override HA if it’s down, or the wife demands a non-HA option. You can also override the temp output of the MHK with a local HA sensor. It’s a nice piece of work.

Thanks! Any specifics on the cable I need? Is there a pre wired one to buy? Is soldering required to connect to the Atom s3?

Can you use the standard project with the Airzone CN105 splitter and use the main regular project?

https://www.tinytronics.nl/nl/kabels-en-connectoren/kabels-en-adapters/grove-compatible/grove-female-compatible-kabel-4p-20cm

This is the cable that fits on m5 stack products. you then need the CN105 connector solderd on that cable its this type PAP-05V-S be sure to order the the crimp terminals

There is not much documentation there for the “airzone” unit. I’m not sure it would use the same commands as the HVAC unit, so the software may not work.

You’re right. I’ve got it coming so should know if it works.

That said the diagram they should have a wireless controller (their own other air zone product which competes with kumo cloud) and a MKH2. So given this it should work to connect an MKH2 and a modified Wemo D1 or alternative.