Mitsubishi AC (with WIFI module) and HA

Hello,

I’ve decided to buy a Mitsubishi AC (model no: MSZ-SF35VE3) together with WiFi module. There is an option to contorl this AC thru application, but my question is: is it also possible to contorl this AC thru home assistant? Or do I need any other hardware for this? Because all i can find for controling ACs are thermostats (hardware)?

I’ve given up asking and decided to build my own. I’ve started and managed to reverse engineer the Wifi controller API. Right now this script posts updates to MQTT which can be controlled via the ‘climate’ controller:

I’ve just started, excuse the mess

2 Likes

Alternatively, ditch the Mitsubishi wifi module and make your own. ScottD’s post here was my clue to get it up and running with the SwiCago arduino library and custom component. Cost about $10-$15 in parts total.

1 Like

Hi all…
vote here to get this implemented.
Thanks!

1 Like

Implemented: https://github.com/o0Zz/ha-melcloud/

2 Likes

Does it mean that if I buy Mitsubishi AC (mini-split) units with wi-fi support (like MSZ+AP25VGK), I’ll be able to control them via HomeAssistant?

Yes, you will be able to control Mitsubishi AC via Home Assistant.
However this also means, that it’s dependent on Melcloud. Instead of local control - 3rd party is being used for that. It’s not secure, possible future subscriptions and in general you do not have full control over your hardware.

Better to buy a 3rd party hardware wifi controller so you’re not dependent on Mitsubishi Electric and are not depending on a cloud connection. They’ve been imposing limits on their API and who knows what they’ll do in the future.