Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

Hi.

Anyone here with 2 active zones? It seems that MELCLOUD uses internal FlowTemperatures and not one associated with zones:

For Zone1 FlowTemperatureZone1 and ReturnTemperatureZone1 should be used and simillary for zone 2 FlowTemperatureZone2 and ReturnTemperatureZone2

Is this a bug or there is some setting/mapping (if I remember correctly author of integration does not have 2 zones)?

Hi,
I have gone through this thread and seems that the control options are quite limited for MELcloud. I have an air-to-water pump and my wish would be toggling the whole unit (heating + DHW) ON/OFF based on current electricity price. I have done it manually with the app, using the Timer function - I’m creating a schedule for the next day, based on the cheapest hours.

It seems that there’s no way to set any schedules or presets through HA, so what would you suggest as a best solution? Here’s what I can come up with:

• possible input for an external contact?
  • setting the room thermostats to some low temperature, so valves would be closed and the flow temp would not get down - does not solve the DHW heating
  • using the Room Temperature setting, but how? The temp sensor is currently not installed, but if I’d install it next to the unit, it would work based on my utility room temperature, which is kind of nonsense? Also, that would not solve the DHW heating.

Doesn’t the air to water pumps have smart price adaption functionality out of the box?:thinking:

Hello,
from MelCloud, there is an option to control the “flow temperature” on Ecodan Air/Water heat pumps.
I can’t seem to find this control option in the HA integration. I read that there are such controls possible in Homey. Would it be possible to implement this control in HA also?
I can only control room temp settings and hot water temp set and “heat now” , are there any other controls that i’m missing for Ecodan units?

Mine is EHST20D-YM9D and it doesn’t have such feature.

What we need is an implementation of the “flow temperature” control, it should be fairly easy as it’s possible thru MelCloud and other third-party control software like Homey can do it.

For DHW heating you could use solution I am using (posted few posts back): By default disabled and I just force it when some conditions are met (temp, solar output,…)

For room heating: check if you can achieve what you want via Melcloud and if you can than this can be achieved via HA as well. (You could just use “ON/OFF”). But do you really want this? Heatpump (HP) works best 24/7 (this enables lowest needed flow temperatures)
Another idea is (if you use extra water pump; if you use just integrated one then this is not possible) you could have small shelly switch and just switch the pump off and with no demand HP will work almost nothing. Then there is also smardgrid ready input where you could stop the HP. There is also input for room thermostat (not temperature sensor) which can stop heating. And this thermostat could be controlled via shelly switch and HA.

The room thermostat setting is OK but flow temperature is even better. As example, some of us have Air/Water HP which heats the house’s concrete floor which acts as an accumulator. Control of the flow temperature is more exact compared to room thermostat, you can actually force whichever flow temperature you want and skip the “smart” function of the thermostat. Sometimes, even if the room temp is att the correct level i would like to heat up the floor some hours before the electricity spot price goes up. If i do it with the thermostat then i need to increase room temp setting which might not always work due to the “smart” function that the room thermostat suppose to have.

I see, thought it was more or less standard! Haven’t tried it yet though, I pay for hourly rate anyway.

Hi,
I did the integration with melcloud and from time to time this message appears:

023-09-10 00:05:17.211 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.ac_sala_room_temperature is taking over 10 seconds

I have 2 air conditioners and the message for both appears.
They are 2 meters from the WiFi router and I have no network problems at home.
Is there any parameter that I can change to make these messages disappear?

Thanks

Hi,
could someone help with the automation for hot water setting on Ecodan?
Have tried below code but not sure if it’s working as it have not started at all.
I want it to force heat on low electricity price and stop or lower the set temp on high electricity price.
What is the best way to make such automation? Is the below correct?

alias: VV VP on force_hot_water 53C
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.elpris_just_nu
    above: -1.5
    below: 0.6
condition: []
action:
  - service: water_heater.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 53
      operation_mode: force_hot_water
    target:
      device_id: 29555dfbf2588de762563a40a4ed6a3a
      entity_id: water_heater.hemma
      area_id: tvattstuga
mode: single

alias: VV VP off 40C auto
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.elpris_just_nu
    above: 0.6
condition: []
action:
  - service: water_heater.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 40
      operation_mode: auto
    target:
      device_id: 29555dfbf2588de762563a40a4ed6a3a
      area_id: tvattstuga
      entity_id: water_heater.hemma
mode: single

any idea ?

Without having checked the code completely, are you sure that your ´sensor.elpris_just_nu´ works?
And is the electricity pricing in the sensor showing to SEK/kwh or öre/kwh?

Same for me.
There is also a lot of sensors in MelCloud app that not appear in integration.
I have a Geodan brine/water.

Hello all, we have a Mitsubishi Ecodan water heater.
We added Melcloud support, and we can see it from the Melcloud app and website.
In HA I can’t access the general On/Off toggle, even if in the documentation it says that a “Power” parameter is present for the water_heater entity.
My problem is that I want to turn it off if the house power consumption exceeds the contract limit, and avoid a blackout.

(Another option would be to turn off the water heating production, but the only options are auto and force hot water, so I don’t think it’s the right way).

The button i’m referring to is in the top left corner of the Melcloud panel, the On/Off general toggle for the Ecodan.

Thank you very much, Fabio

good morning, I also have the same problem, I can’t find a way to send the power on/off command to the machine, help
Thank you

I agree, any chance to have the flow temperature implemented? have you resolved it in a different way?

There is no way to do it; what you can do is set a lower target temperature (for example 18°).

Hi,
I did the integration with melcloud and from time to time this message appears:

023-09-10 00:05:17.211 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.ac_sala_room_temperature is taking over 10 seconds

I have 2 air conditioners and the message for both appears.
They are 2 meters from the WiFi router and I have no network problems at home.
Is there any parameter that I can change to make these messages disappear?

Thanks

Hi all.
I want to use MelCloud or other system to control my Mitsubishi HeatPumps.
I got an Air/Air HeatPump with two splits and one Air/Water with one internal module (ecodan).
In melcloud integration, the Air/Air is well reporting total energy used (for both splits) and the daily consumption (a total on one split for both splits).
But for the Air/Water One, i do not have the energy used or consumption.
In melcloud web, with devlopper tools from firefox or chorme, i got this values:

1. DailyHeatingEnergyConsumed: 8.04
  2. DailyHeatingEnergyProduced: 29.18

The integration does not seems to work well.
Where do you put your curl command and how do you use it.
I tried in command_line.yaml, but the sensors created report “unknown”.
Maybe we can try with a rest command, but where ?
Kind regards