Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

Can somebody please confirm if vane horizontal controls stopped working in the latest releases? I’m having trouble getting a select dropdown to show. Only fan mode and swing is shown…

Capture

Hello everyone,
I was trying to script an automation to set the fan mode to ‘3’ when some conditions are met, but I’m having difficulties to make it run, could you please tell me what I’m doing wrong?

I’m writing an event, here is the code:

action:
  - service: climate.set_fan_mode
    target:
      entity_id: climate.condizionatore
    data:
      fan_mode: '3'

thanks a lot everyone in advance

Hi all,
I’m ready to install a Clima system which will be integrated with MelCloud.
Until here ok… so far… I know there is official integration so I’ll play with it as soon it will be installed.
The clima system will be installed into the roof, so those not visible. The system, itself, will have only one output, but on the system I’ll install an air control plenum with 4 lines to send the air to 4 rooms. I would like to control then those 4 lines with electric HVAC on/off valves (like this: https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07PKMZ5M9/). I would control those valves with a SonOff board. In every room I’ll put 4 ZigBee temperature sensors (Xiaomi WSDCGQ11LM).
Is there a way to integrate all that above in a single system to control it? Maybe that includes some logic that consider not only the Mitsubishi temperature readings, but also the room readings and so the valves.
Thanks!
Simon

1 Like

Any way to get measure the currently power from mitsubishi?
Or are there only accumulated daily values?

And also: how to get not only the daily consumed energy, but also the produced energy?

Only estimstions. You can poll the API and get it. There are good guides about this earlier in this thread.

HI, Did you get an answer on how to derive this?

would the echonetlite integration work here?

I’ve been using it on 4 mitsubishi splits for about 4 years now, works great!

- service: climate.set_fan_mode
    data:
      fan_mode: "1"
    target:
      device_id: YOUR_ID

Is it possible to set the “ECONO Cool” Mode from HA? Even in the Melcloud App I cannot see any Econo Setting…

What is echonet? Is it a cloud alternative to melcloud?

Now during summer I have put the space heating on pause but hot water is enabled. However Melcloud still seem to report that it is using energy for space heating. As you can see below, hot water has COP 2.78 and space heating has COP 0

My Mitsubishi heat pump has the same issue - it reports around 100w consumption for heating energy consumed during the summer when the heating is off - energy delivered is 0. I spoke to Mitsubishi uk about it and they knew about the issue but did not know if it would be fixed.

Clearly the heat pump still uses some energy in summer to power the control circuitry but it is around a quarter of that reported - 600 Wh per day, 25w consumption for my 14kw Zubadan.

If I was really concerned the only solution I can see is to put a power meter on the supply feed and use its numbers rather than the heat pump consumed energy nos.

Trying to chill about it.

1 Like

Aha I see, then its not only me at least! :joy: I also have naothrr strange issue. My max hot water setting is 52 degrees celcius. The diff is 7 degerees so it should start to reheat on 45 degerees. However, sometimes it can go as low as 39 degrees.

Is this an error? :thinking:

Sorry I don’t know - I use HA to control water heating via MELcloud Integration - force hot water. HA chooses during the day when plenty of solar and overnight cheap rate when there isn’t. Once a day is fine for our use. Heat pump service engineers are confused as hot water is turned off on heat pump!

Aha I see. Yeah I also force it sometimes with HA manually. Previously I actually had it scheduled (using the ecodan display/plc) to run during night as daytime was reaching 30 degrees outside, the heatpump started using immersion heating because it became to hot. So I scheduled it to run during night when it was 15 degerees or so. But this whole july has been really cold and rainy, daytime temps around 15-20. So I simply disabled the schedule and let it run whever the diff temp was reached.

But as I said, it does not seem to respect the dif f temp. Not sure why.

Also interesting, you got direct support from Mitsubishi? Here in Sweden everything goes via installer and my installer is kinda useless, they don’t know anything about this heatpump and they don’t care to help me either. :thinking:

Hi everyone

Do you think there will be a way to add the humidity sensor in the future?

by pet

Is rest api working normally?
platform: rest
resource: https://app.melcloud.com/Mitsubishi.Wifi.Client/user/ListDevices?xxxxxxx

Url with header still works if it is used via some REST tool, but in HA I get only unavailable.
Is it possible that there is something wrong with availability template?

availability_template: >-
          {{ (states("sensor.heat_pump_api") not in ["unknown", "unavailable"]) and (state_attr('sensor.heat_pump_api', 'CurrentEnergyConsumed') != None) }}

Hi!

I’m also trying to set an automation to force hot water based on electricity price, but can’t find how to force water heating in automation or scripts. How did you do this?

I don’t think it’s an error. There are two temp sensors in the tank. If you want you can change the boiler to high capacity and it should read the sensor that is displayed.

1 Like

You can do it in the ui - here’s a pic

I’m on my iPad - can’t work out how to post YAML! If you need it let me know. Cheers

1 Like