Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

That would be great. I wrote a very rudimentary python script to control my Ecodan but integration in the component would be much better. I posted some info months ago, please take a look at it.

Thatā€™s almost all I need to add the support. Could you open an issue to the GitHub repo with some response captures? I need sample device from ListDevices (both the root entry and the ensted Device), Get response and an individual POST request to SetA for each parameter you need to control. Please, do not scramble the EffectiveFlags field as it needs to be set correctly to tell the device what parameters to set.

What kind of platforms and devices should Ecodan be modeled? It looks sort of like it would be 3 climate devices and a water heater.

Will do. Iā€™ll try to find time over the weekend. EffectiveFlags was 0. In the meantime, Ecodans are basically 2 devices in one: a water heater and a radiators heater with up to two different configurable zones. A very simple implementation like the one I tried would only need to do this:

• Read TankWaterTemperature for current info
  • Read OperationMode for mode info (Possible responses: 0 = Off, 1 = Heating ACS, 2 = Heating Radiators, 3 = Cooling, 4 = Defrost, 5 = Standby, 6 = Legionella)
  • Read RoomTemperatureZone1, RoomTemperatureZone2 and OutdoorTemperature for temp info
  • Read/write Power (true/false for on/off)
  • Read/write SetTemperatureZone1 and SetTemperatureZone2 for thermostat setting
  • Read/write TankWaterTemperature for ACS water temp setting (max. 50)
  • Read/write SetHeatFlowTemperatureZone1 and SetHeatFlowTemperatureZone2 for radiators water temp setting (max. 60)

Great! Iā€™ll setup dev branch for Ecodan as soon as I get the request captures.

EffectiveFlags is a bit field with bits for each pending change. Remember to include it for individual set requests.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for the noob questionā€¦butā€¦what do you mean by ā€œadd the integration via UIā€ ?
I tris to install your module through the regular HACS integration UI, but, for a reason I donā€™t get yet, I canā€™t add your repoā€¦ So I downloaded your zip file, extracted and uploaded the melcloud folder into mu custom_component folder.

Okā€¦ But now ? How can I make it work ? How to ā€œadd the integration via UIā€ā€¦?

Thanks for your help !

Ok !
I just find outā€¦donā€™t know why, after 3 attempts, if finally showed up in the ā€œintegrationā€ page (once clicked on the + button)ā€¦

Thanks anyway for your work ;o))

I donā€™t think the repo format matches HACS format. I could take a look at that too while I am at it anyways. Now you would have to copy the sources manually to custom_components.

Iā€™ve managed to add partial read-only functionality to the protocol library. I need the ListDevices captures to finish the lists of available operation modes and such. Iā€™m currently working on wiring that stuff to the Home Assistant integration.

Iā€™m leaning towards modeling this as

• water_heater platform with target temperature and modes
  • climate for 0-2 available zones (determined using ListDevices response)
  • sensors for water temp, zone room temps, outside temp and energy consumption.

Iā€™m expecting to get read-only stuff to a separate branch during the weekend.

That sounds about right. Power (true/false) turns the unit on/off entirely, itā€™s useful for vacation mode. Ideally there should be a separate Water on/off and Heater on/off switch.

ListDevices info sent via PM

Hi @vilppuvuorinen

I was using o0Zz module and now I was testing yours. Everything works well and itā€™s very handful to have the energy consumption.

However, I miss an Off status on the thermostat so I may know when the AC is On or Off. Or, at least, have a state sensor that tells if the AC is working. Is this something that you may fix?

Cheers

Yeah I havenā€™t mapped the power control to operation modes yet. I havenā€™t even noticed it missing because of the season. Iā€™m planning to put some more time into adding Ecodan support and think I can take a small detour and add the on/off mode mapping.

Great. Itā€™s just because sometimes I use the heating from the AC to support the Gas Burner, and noticed it straight away.

Cheers

Off mode is now available if you pull the latest changes.

The commit messages are a little weird because Iā€™m trying to do most of the changes to Home Assistant PR and I just cp -rf the changes this repo. The PR does not appear to be moving anywhere tho. Anyone interested seeing this integration in upstream Home Assistant should go add a thumbs up reaction to the PR here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/30712

6 Likes

Thanks for the great work @vilppuvuorinen Switched to your component now and everything seems to be working :+1: Added a thumbs up to your PR :slight_smile:

Hi,

Currently Iā€™m using the o0Zz/ ha-melcloud plugin to control my Mitsubishi Kirigamine FH25 and it has been working ok.
But I wonder what the difference is between your plugin and o0Zz/ ha-melcloud?

I have looked through this thread but unfortunately I do not understand the difference ā€¦

Thanks!

@anasazi both plugins will work. The difference is that o0Zzā€™s plugin is unofficial. The plugin that @vilppuvuorinen is developing is going in a way to become official HA plugin so youā€™ll get it out of the box.
Currently Iā€™m still using o0Zsā€™s plugin with no issues. @vilppuvuorinen - do you have any info on when this should become official? Iā€™ve already added thumbs up on the link you provided.

Thank you so much for the explanation!

Great to see the off mode on. Thanks for the update.

@vilppuvuorinen- any news about the PR? Iā€™ve seen some sort of movement in your github, but not sure what all that mean. Do you need any help or something?

@vilppuvuorinen I now see vertical vane adjusting is missing from your version? It was included in the o0Zz version.
Swing modes (vertical vane adjusting) Auto, Top, MiddleTop, Middle, MiddleBottom, Bottom and Swing

Any plans to add that? I had to change back to o0Zz version since I have automatons adjusting that and it need to be adjusted because of the placement to heat both floors.

Also Heat/cool should maybe be renamed to Auto? Like it was in o0Zz version and is also what its named in Melcloud and on the hvac remote.