Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

Interesting, may I ask what pump(s) you have?

I have
Mitsubishi Ecodan
Outdoor: WM85 YAA
Indoor: EHPT20X-YM9D

Manufactured November 2022.

I would love to get the compressor frequency in HA for troubleshooting my pump but could not find a way except 24h updates which of course is useless. Also the CurrentEnergyConsumed just says 0 on mine all the time. I guess it lacks the necessary hardware/sensors for it.

I have a PUHZ-SHW112YAA in combination with a PAC-061B.
I also had problems at first when I worked with your config. Try mine.

It also works with my air conditioner (4 indoor units and 1 outdoor unit) MXZ-4D72.

I tried yours, but it still only updates once when I restarted HA.

If you log into the MelCloud and read out the code, you can check for a few minutes if this value changes, not that the heat pump is currently running at 36Hz for quite a long time. With mine it is really that it sometimes runs for 2 hours at 30Hz when there is hardly any demand.

Since I have an electrical meter sensor as well. I polled a few times when it was at 500w. (heatpump essentially not doing anything). I then forced hot water, my meter reports 4000w, making loud sounds (:slight_smile: ). I continued to poll and the field actually seems to have been updated in MelCloud after a few minutes. So its the polling that is broken somehow in HA or how we designed the sensor? Either way MelCloud seems very slow to actually update the value. I have been polling for 30 minutes now, still same frequency even though the pump winded down to 1000w.

Oh well, i will leave it on 60 seconds in HA until tomorrow and see then if it ever updated.

thanks for the suggestion. In my case, there are no repeaters.
btw, should there be a misunderstanding: It’s not that the “update doesn’t finish”, it’s really that the update is never being offered to that one unit.

Are you sure it is running on the compressor, or is the unit heating on the electric element then?

Hmm I think so? A while back during troubleshooting, I put it to electrical heating mode only. There was a loud sound as the relay(?) engagerad. The electrial meter jumped and there was a lightning bolt on the display of the indoor unit. Nothing of that has happened recently as far as I know.

If you use the display and go into service mode, you can check various values using codes. Code 16 displays the current freq while 17 shows the target freq.

However, it seems that it indeed has updated a little bit this morning? Not sure why it did not updated during the whole night though.

The lightning bolt indicates the internal element indeed. The frequency is 0 but the internal element uses enough. By the look of the history I should say it all works fine. It might be simple that the frequency didn’t change over night.

trallan, i’m glad it works for you now :slight_smile:
My kwh meter is not updated daily, but that’s because of Mitsubishi, so the value doesn’t change either.
As good as the devices are, the communication is stupid if you are not directly connected to the bus system.
Does anyone happen to know what protocol they use? :smiley:

Another thing, has anyone ever written a value using the template function?
method: POST
and can provide me with some code so that I don’t have to write everything myself?

Thanks a lot :wink:

Yeah I actually thought it would be better 2022.:rofl: Yeah my power meter is new with HAN port so I have a live feed from it.

But as you can see here, compressor freq does not match the power:

@trallan wich Card is this with the line bars for phase power?

It’s this one

Did you notice that the other regular sensors received from Mel Cloud integration started to “lag behind”? I think spamming this endpoint every 60 sec might cause it to block connections after a while? Because it stops reporting flow temperature every now and then ever since I did this. I have lowered the frequency now to every 60 minute instead just for testing.

Has anyone successfully integrated the daily energy consumption total in the energy dashboard? And if so, how did you set this up? No matter what I try, since the consumption can be zero for a day, or less than the day before, utility sensors keep getting wrong and using the difference between a day occasionally.

I added some custom sensors to calculate the COP as well:

# Calculates some values
template:
  - sensor:
      - name: "Daily COP heat energy"
        state: "{{ (states('sensor.hp_dailyheatingenergyproduced')|float / states('sensor.hp_dailyheatingenergyconsumed') |float ) |round(2) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: COP
        device_class: energy

- sensor:
      - name: "Daily COP hot water energy"
        state: "{{ (states('sensor.hp_dhw_out')|float / states('sensor.hp_dhw_in') |float ) |round(2) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: COP
        device_class: energy

- sensor:
      - name: "Delta HP radiator water"
        state: "{{ (states('sensor.ecodan_zone_1_flow_temperature')|float - states('sensor.ecodan_zone_1_flow_return_temperature') |float ) |round(2)}}"
        unit_of_measurement: °C
        device_class: temperature

cop

1 Like

Hi Artur, I too have exactly the same query - in need to call hot water from Nodered. Did you manage to find a solution? I can set the hot water on demand using the entity in HA but cannot do the same in Nodered. Regards

Hi,
I am just wondering what is the current status of core MelCloud component? Is it still maintained by @vilppuvuorinen or is it in “on hold” state?
What I would really want to know is is there any plan to add ATW attributes that can be obtained (e.g last posts from @Chrissi28 )

BTW: what is funny to me is that “Get API” returns far less data then “ListDevices API” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi all, MELCloud doesn’t show daily energy consumption anymore (since 28. 3. 2023).
Otherwise, it works as it should: shows all temperatures, can switch boiler etc.
Heatpump: air-water Mitsubishi PUD-SHWM140YAA.

Until now I tried:

• reset the Mitsubishi wifi adapter
  • updated HA
  • restarted HA
  • checked logs (nothing suspicious)
  • checked the history (shows no measures at all)

The only thing I changed on 27. 3. was enabling connection with Nabu Casa.

Any ideas where to look for the problem?

How did you get a compressor frequency?