Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

Yes. Based here in Portugal and the HA MELclould integration has been fubar since early this evening … however I can still control AC units via the MELCloud mobile app & http://app.melcoud.com

I’ve been experimenting with ESPhome and this current hiccup has solidified my mind to go down the local control route.

1 Like

It’s interesting: i can control my devices via app (android), but only on devices, which are already connected. New login doesn’t go through…after a while i got that it’ not possible to login…

and, as you said: web page also works.

You have the point in esphome option…i’ll look into it, too. But, only one my device has external wifi module, other two have integrated, so i’ll have to dig a bit if esphome option is even possible in this case.

1 Like

Open up your units and take a look? I recently bought 2x ACs with ‘integrated wifi’ and it’s just the same wifi dongle buried inside the casing! The control socket / CN105 / JST-PA5 / wtf the plug type is called … is the same.

I’ve been testing ESPHome with a couple of spare $10 dev boards I have kicking around w/ this repository installed: https://github.com/geoffdavis/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump … seems easy enough, just waiting for the correct cables to arrive later this week.

1 Like

How does that work with esp? You can replace the wufi dongle? Is there any more info available?

However I almost never control my heatpump. Its Air to water heatpump that heats my house and hot water. Its mostly a set it and forget it kinda setup. However I do like collecting statistics and saving it in HA.

There is aleady a issue openend on github, so hopefully fixed soon.
https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/92905

1 Like

Yes exactly. The ESPHome HA integration & some hardware replaces the MELCloud HA integration & Mitsubishi Wifi dongle.

You need any flavour of ESP32 dev board (mine is this one: https://wiki.keyestudio.com/KS0413_keyestudio_ESP32_Core_Board), some custom software (from github, link in my previous comment / below), and requires a DIY cable … which plugs right into the same socket as the Mitsubishi dongle.

I’ll reply back once I get it running (later this week), just awaiting parts to make the cable.

More info:

MelCloud seems to be back among living… hopefully to stay…

Awesome! Looking forward to your results! I might do something similar.

1 Like

My Melcloud integration started working again about 2 hours ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, looking for some advice as I think I’m probably missing something obvious here :man_facepalming:

I’ve installed the Melcloud integration:

And my HA can see my three air conditioning units:

And I can control them.

But not very easily:

Is there a nice user card or dashboard I can use to control them instead? :thinking:

It depends on what you mean by “nice” and “control”. If you want full control, I believe the panel you’re seeing is as good as it gets, at least without crafting something totally custom yourself.

For just turning on/off and adjusting the temperature, the Mushroom Climate card works well on my mobile app interface. (Bottom half of screen here.)

Also, FWIW, on a narrow phone screen, I don’t find the default controls you’ve got going to be unreasonable.

I’m sure there are prettier UIs out there, and I’d love to see what other folks are doing, but this is more than fine for me. I don’t need to adjust fan or swing very often, and the operation mode only a couple times a year.

1 Like

I mean exactly what you’ve got going on there @Alderete :smiley:

I’ll check out the Mushroom Climate card this evening, thanks :smiley: :smiley:

I use “Simple Thermostat” card from HACS.

Thanks, that card was nice!

Also, have anyone been able to get thw force hot water as a button? As it is now I have to access the entity and click the dropdown:

I have tried something like this:

- entity: water_heater.ecodan
    icon: mdi:water-boiler
    name: Tvinga varmvatten
    type: button
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: water_heater.set_operation_mode.force_hot_water

But it does not quite work:

Hi, did you and vilppuvuorinen make any progress with fine tuning the control and EffectiveFlags? I have managed to get your on/off switch to work, but it would be awesome to be able to fine tune some of the other settings too by a more finely tuned script?

Thanks very much

Is Melcloud again down? Original Android App Melcloud neither HA has no effect regarding true state…

Error hapening now for 2-3 days randomly… today it’s all day offline…

Using climate…

Which Mitsubushi device should I buy in order to integrate it into HA?

Is the Basic “HR” edition enough, which comes without a wifi module? If so, do I have to add a original Wifi Module of addition 150 € from Mitsubishi? Or is an esphome enough?

Or should I directly go with the Advanced “AY” edition, which already has the wifi module on board?

Save some money and do some DYI using ESP8266

1 Like

Is it possible to connect to the Melcoud with a custom CN105 / ESPhome device? Or would the melcloud definitely require an original mitsubishi wifi connector?

better…you don’t need MelCloud. It will all be local on your local network.