Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

Thanks!
exactly what i was looking for.

Aha yes that could be it.

About that, I have been trying to add like a button in my entity card. It kinda works, but I would prefer if it was like a toggle switch instead. Also I dont understand how to change the text RUN.

Iā€™m no expertā€¦ maybe this ā€¦

I have used an input_boolean helper which displays as a toggle switch in an entity card. Then an automation picks up on the helper state and does what is required - my use is to control an immersion heater temperature controlled boost but it can control whatever you want in the automation.

Good luck

But is this

- service: water_heater.set_operation_mode
    data:
      operation_mode: force_hot_water

The same as

Looks like it is the same.

This is how my heat pump shows up in the integration

Compare and contrast :blush:

thx - target was missing point/link:

- service: water_heater.set_operation_mode
    data:
      operation_mode: force_hot_water
    target:
      entity_id: water_heater.heat_pump

I use the API as a custom sensor. But if hot water did not run, I guess 0/0 breaks it? Anyone aware of a fix to handle division by 0? :slightly_smiling_face:

In the case here I think I would just want to see COP 0 or something instead of unavaiable.

Anybody got Lossnay Ventilation controls working yet? Trying to avoid building a MQTT 0-10v emulator, seems like thereā€™s gotta be a simpler way :rofl:
edit: just been looking at the melcloud plugin on github, and it seems to be using pymelcloud (GitHub - vilppuvuorinen/pymelcloud: A MELCloud Client Library) for itā€™s base, which does actually have ventilation support. Is it a case of just porting this section over to the HA integration?
Seems fairly trivial as the blueprint is already there, for someone better than me at python that is :rofl:

Haha I was actually considering buying this ventilation thing for my home office which lacks ventilation today. :rofl:

I was planning to get the one with a power plug so I could just use any smart plug with HA. Sure it will only be on or off but I only plan to use the low setting anyway. :rofl:

I guess pymelcloud exists so that could run somewhere in your home and accept MQTT from home assistant, but itā€™s a very long winded workaround

Hi.

Anyone here with 2 active zones? It seems that MELCLOUD uses internal FlowTemperatures and not one associated with zones:

For Zone1 FlowTemperatureZone1 and ReturnTemperatureZone1 should be used and simillary for zone 2 FlowTemperatureZone2 and ReturnTemperatureZone2

Is this a bug or there is some setting/mapping (if I remember correctly author of integration does not have 2 zones)?

Hi,
I have gone through this thread and seems that the control options are quite limited for MELcloud. I have an air-to-water pump and my wish would be toggling the whole unit (heating + DHW) ON/OFF based on current electricity price. I have done it manually with the app, using the Timer function - Iā€™m creating a schedule for the next day, based on the cheapest hours.

It seems that thereā€™s no way to set any schedules or presets through HA, so what would you suggest as a best solution? Hereā€™s what I can come up with:

• possible input for an external contact?
  • setting the room thermostats to some low temperature, so valves would be closed and the flow temp would not get down - does not solve the DHW heating
  • using the Room Temperature setting, but how? The temp sensor is currently not installed, but if Iā€™d install it next to the unit, it would work based on my utility room temperature, which is kind of nonsense? Also, that would not solve the DHW heating.

Doesnā€™t the air to water pumps have smart price adaption functionality out of the box?:thinking:

Hello,
from MelCloud, there is an option to control the ā€œflow temperatureā€ on Ecodan Air/Water heat pumps.
I canā€™t seem to find this control option in the HA integration. I read that there are such controls possible in Homey. Would it be possible to implement this control in HA also?
I can only control room temp settings and hot water temp set and ā€œheat nowā€ , are there any other controls that iā€™m missing for Ecodan units?

Mine is EHST20D-YM9D and it doesnā€™t have such feature.

What we need is an implementation of the ā€œflow temperatureā€ control, it should be fairly easy as itā€™s possible thru MelCloud and other third-party control software like Homey can do it.

For DHW heating you could use solution I am using (posted few posts back): By default disabled and I just force it when some conditions are met (temp, solar output,ā€¦)

For room heating: check if you can achieve what you want via Melcloud and if you can than this can be achieved via HA as well. (You could just use ā€œON/OFFā€). But do you really want this? Heatpump (HP) works best 24/7 (this enables lowest needed flow temperatures)
Another idea is (if you use extra water pump; if you use just integrated one then this is not possible) you could have small shelly switch and just switch the pump off and with no demand HP will work almost nothing. Then there is also smardgrid ready input where you could stop the HP. There is also input for room thermostat (not temperature sensor) which can stop heating. And this thermostat could be controlled via shelly switch and HA.

The room thermostat setting is OK but flow temperature is even better. As example, some of us have Air/Water HP which heats the houseā€™s concrete floor which acts as an accumulator. Control of the flow temperature is more exact compared to room thermostat, you can actually force whichever flow temperature you want and skip the ā€œsmartā€ function of the thermostat. Sometimes, even if the room temp is att the correct level i would like to heat up the floor some hours before the electricity spot price goes up. If i do it with the thermostat then i need to increase room temp setting which might not always work due to the ā€œsmartā€ function that the room thermostat suppose to have.

I see, thought it was more or less standard! Havenā€™t tried it yet though, I pay for hourly rate anyway.