Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

It is not integration because values are stuck in response from service.

It is working again :+1:

thereā€™s an really easy way to connect to the mitsubishi heatpump using the cn105 port without the need to solder. Iā€™ve created an esphome version of ecodan ha local with some improvements. Iā€™ve also made a howto.

2 Likes

Very cool. But I would have now way of figuring this out, even with the documentation. To much implicit knowledge is required.

Iā€™m running HA in a docker on my Synology. If there isnā€™t a ready made integration, I would have no idea how to make it work.

Does it also work with Mitsubishi A/C Units?

Can it co-exist with the Mitsubishi WiFi Module, for MelCloud integration?

Thanks

Is anyone else having issues controling AC and not responding to commands?

In the official app there is also an error:
Last communication with system: 20:55:02

2 Likes

Similar. The last data from MELCloud integration in HA was yesterday (18. 4. 2024) around 20:30 CET. I also checked MELCloud and it stopped recording data at the same time. Looks like an issue on their servers.

1 Like

@snowatom I donā€™t know how I can make it easier, you just need

1. m5stack atom s3 lite
  2. grove cable
  3. cn105 connector and replace one side of the grove cable
  4. build the firmware and flash

@uspino
Yes it will work voor A/C units, but you need to use different firmware. something like GitHub - SwiCago/HeatPump: Arduino library to control Mitsubishi Heat Pumps via connector cn105 and set the correct tx/rx pin and you are good to go. It cannot co-exist with melcloud.

2 Likes

I have the same issues with HA but even with the melcloud app (via android or pc).
I reset the wifi but no change.
the wifi mode shows 2 orange lamps every 5 seconds,ā€¦ ā€œno connection to melcloudā€.

I feel there is an issue with the cloudā€¦ I opened a ticket

2 Likes

Last communication with system: 18:24:30

Iā€™m about to email them. Really tempted by the local CN105 connection now!

1 Like

Hi

We have a server issue the team are working on a fix to resolve the issue.

Note:Please Follow Your Companies Safe Working Practices And Health And Safety Policies

Kind Regards

2 Likes

Same troubles here. In fact of my 4 units, two of them with the old MAC-557 interface are working fine, the other two (MAC-567 and MAC-587) are cold dead.
I think that the problem is that old units use a different server (leswifidata.meuk.mee.com) than new one (production.receiver.melcloud.com), the latter is KO.
Waiting for Mitsubishi solving the problemā€¦

Do that, you wonā€™t be dissapointed. Iā€™m past their constant ā€œserver dropoutsā€ā€¦if your device is supported, go for it. You have nothing to loose, if it wonā€™t work you can always go back to cloudā€¦

2 Likes

Down again I guess.

Will do the esp stuff some day. Since I am only doing monitoring its not that important to me.

Do you have the official link to the status update ?

It was on melcloud page.

@gekkekoe Will the Atom Lite (C008) work? It has G26 and G32 at the connector instead of G1 and G2ā€¦

Itā€™s the only one I can find aroundā€¦

51Qqq-hHoZL.AC_SX679

@uspino yes should work, the hy2.0-4p (= grove plug) uses 5v, thatā€™s whats the cn105 is giving (it also gives 12v, but thatā€™s not needed). basically all m5stack boards that have grove plug should just work (the level shifter from 5v ā†’ 3.3v is included)

you need to adjust the 2 following parts in the yaml
change

packages:
  remote_package:
    url: https://github.com/gekkekoe/esphome-ecodan-hp/
    ref: main
    refresh: always
    files: [ 
            confs/esp32s3.yaml, # confs/esp32.yaml, for regular board
            confs/zone1.yaml,
            ## enable if you want to use zone 2
            #confs/zone2.yaml, 
           ]

to (you could also enable zone 2 if you have it)

packages:
  remote_package:
    url: https://github.com/gekkekoe/esphome-ecodan-hp/
    ref: main
    refresh: always
    files: [ 
            confs/esp32.yaml, 
            confs/zone1.yaml,
            ## enable if you want to use zone 2
            #confs/zone2.yaml, 
           ]

you probable should try the regular esp32.yaml

and set pins:

ecodan:
  id: ecodan_instance
  rx_pin: GPIO2
  tx_pin: GPIO1

to

ecodan:
  id: ecodan_instance
  rx_pin: GPIO26
  tx_pin: GPIO32

If it does not work or if you are having issues, feel free to open an issue on my github, Iā€™ll try my best to assist. report back if it worked, then I will included the board as tested.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll report back in a few days. Iā€™m tired of MelCloud poor reliability.