Mitsubishi / Melcloud stopping

Hi - Seems like there has been a change of mindset recently at Mitsubishi.
Here is the mail I’ve received from their L1 support. the Melcloud app tells me I’ve been kicked off for several hours.

Hello everyone,

Since February 5, there have been changes concerning security on Melcloud.

These changes have led to limiting communication with third-party equipment not referenced/not validated by Mitsubishi Electric (Only Amazon Alexa and Google Home are validated), these changes are necessary because many users are using programming interfaces that use a lot of traffic and generate security vulnerabilities on our application.

These changes are definitive, and apart from removing these interfaces, there is no solution to blocking accounts.

Sincerely / Best Regards

Have you guys ben made aware of this situation ? Does the Melcloud app still works with your HASS installation ?

Thanks
Loic

1 Like

This issue is allready known here and they are working on a solution.

I’m blocked, tool. But I’m wondering, how I get unblocked again. I cannot login for several Days now, and the App/Website still tells me, I’m blocked.

So I would be happy for any ideas how I get unblocked again or, even better, for a local solution.
I found something in a French Forum, but I do not understand French good enough to follow

I found this solution on ebay. It replaces the Mitsibushi WiFi connector with a 3rd party solution that can then be managed via MQTT. If you don’t need the MItsi WiFi and Melcloud (which is now next to useless), this is a good local integration option.

thanks for the Link. Unfortunately from UK, which causes high shipping and import fees, which nearly doubles the price.
But I assume, the hardware could be found as DIY Project somewhere else.

1 Like

I’ve managed to make my heatpump work with Google Home which is the bare minimum. So sad they’ve blocked everything from the legacy app.

Hey,
I know that it is an open source application and there is no designated development team. However, I am looking for a person/persons who could be in contact with the device manufacturer’s representatives and talk to them about how to make the integration work again. I have a couple of email addresses that I can share if a suitable person is found.
I know that many MELCloud users have been upset about this topic and I wish I could be of help.

I don’t know where you’re located but if you’re in the EU this might be a solution:

Module also support the use of the original MAC-IF adapter in parallel(you plug it into the second port on the climacontrol module) so you can use melcloud for remote control and connect the heatpump to MQTT. Pretty cool feature.

There is one module for Air-To-Water and another for Air-To-Air heat pumps.

If your Mitsubishi’s Wifi unit supports the Echonet lite protocol, you can enable it in the app, and use it for local control. There is an HA integration for local control via the Echonet protocol. I use it to control my Mitsubishi heat pump (which has the MAC-568IF-E unit installed) . See here.

There is also a DIY hardware/software solution to use the CN105 connector. See here: