Mitsubishi Wifi Module WF-RAC (Smart M-Air)

is there a good working integration already?
or is something working for the time being?
what is the name and where can i find it ?

Regards,

jeatheak has done an excellent job in implementing an integration for Mitsubishi HI with WF-RAC modules. You can find it here, and an instruction on how to install it with HACS: GitHub - jeatheak/Mitsubishi-WF-RAC-Integration: WF-RAC homeassistant integration

1 Like

Hi, we just had two units installed today and I found this. I installed Hacs and when I try to add either of the units I get the connectionRefused error.
Have restarted HA multiple times, and one of the units I left in the WiFi control app, and one of them I took out.
I tried with Echonet Life enabled and disabled.
When I try to add the unit, is the AirCo Name meant to be something particular (model/mac/name from Wifi Control App) or is it whatever I want?
I am running HA in docker, it is version 2023.1.4.
THe logs show this:

Logger: custom_components.mitsubishi_wf_rac.config_flow
Source: custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/config_flow.py:72
Integration: Mitsubishi WF-RAC (documentation)
First occurred: 19:16:07 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:16:44
create failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 174, in _new_conn
    conn = connection.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 95, in create_connection
    raise err
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 85, in create_connection
    sock.connect(sa)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refused

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 703, in urlopen
    httplib_response = self._make_request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 398, in _make_request
    conn.request(method, url, **httplib_request_kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 239, in request
    super(HTTPConnection, self).request(method, url, body=body, headers=headers)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1282, in request
    self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1328, in _send_request
    self.endheaders(body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1277, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1037, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 975, in send
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 205, in connect
    conn = self._new_conn()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 186, in _new_conn
    raise NewConnectionError(
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f3b628e7670>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 489, in send
    resp = conn.urlopen(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 787, in urlopen
    retries = retries.increment(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 592, in increment
    raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.2.50', port=51443): Max retries exceeded with url: /beaver/command/getDeviceInfo (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f3b628e7670>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))

File "/config/custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/config_flow.py", line 70, in _async_register_airco
    airco_id = await repository.get_airco_id()
  File "/config/custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/wfrac/repository.py", line 91, in get_airco_id
    return (await self.get_info())["airconId"]
  File "/config/custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/wfrac/repository.py", line 87, in get_info
    return (await self._post("getDeviceInfo"))["contents"]
  File "/config/custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/wfrac/repository.py", line 66, in _post
    response = await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 115, in post
    return request("post", url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 59, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 587, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 701, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 565, in send
    raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.2.50', port=51443): Max retries exceeded with url: /beaver/command/getDeviceInfo (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f3b628e7670>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/config/custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/config_flow.py", line 122, in _async_create_common
    info = await self._async_register_airco(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/config/custom_components/mitsubishi_wf_rac/config_flow.py", line 72, in _async_register_airco
    raise CannotConnect(reason=str(query_failed)) from query_failed
custom_components.mitsubishi_wf_rac.config_flow.CannotConnect

Thanks was hoping it was still working
Did see an update in Januari.

Could you or someone else provide some screens of exposed sensors/ entities of an AC unit. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sp0nsje

First of all, are you sure it’s a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries AC unit with a WF-RAC wifi module? If it’s a Mitsubishi Electric unit, this integration will not work.

EDIT: I did some googling and it seems like Echonet stuff is Mitsubishi Electric. In your case would check out either the built in Mitsubishi MELCloud integration in Home Assistant if that can be used, or this Echonet integration GitHub - scottyphillips/echonetlite_homeassistant: A Home Assistant custom component for use with ECHONET enabled Mitsubishi HVAC systems.

Sure, this is what it looks like for me:

mitsubishi-hi-ha2

1 Like

Thanks looks good.
Regards,

Ok thanks I will do so, I believe you are right. I am in New Zealand and we can’t download MELCloud here so I thought maybe it was this. I will check out the scottyphillips integration. Appreciate the reply!

How is the responsiveness of your integrations? I am not getting any feedback nor I can control the AC. I can see all the settings though.
EDIT:
Now I am able to control the AC.

Hey,

first of all thank you for making this possible!

Does anyone know, or has tested, if the integration with the new “WF” (already integrated wifi) devices also works?

What is this the new WF? Any more details?

It looks like Mitsubishi Heavy started shipping their wall mounted units SRK xxZS(X)-W(F) with integrated wifi, ading the “F” at the end of the model: 三菱重工サーマルシステムズ株式会社|製品カタログ拡大表示 (mhi-mth.co.jp)

or here for the full catalogue 2023:
Web Catalog RESIDENTIAL AIR CONDITIONERS INVERTER MODEL | MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES THERMAL SYSTEMS, LTD. (mhi-mth.co.jp)

I got an offer to get the installed “WF” (wifi integrated units)…

Hello,

I have 2 new Mitsubishi Heavy WF units installed at home. I’m looking to add these units to my HA setup and found this thread.

I have the SRK50ZS-WF and the SRK25ZS-WF, both having integrated wifi. They both are connected in the Smart M-Air app, so my thinking is that they would work similar to the units with the separate wifi adapter.

If anybody wants more information or want me to test something, I’m more than willing to help out.

/edit
After reading through the workings, I’ve decided to just go for it and it works!

I see three sensors (energy usage cycle, indoor temp, outdoor temp) and seem to be able to control it.

2 Likes

That is awesome and great news @steffex!
Thanks for confirming this

Hi all, I’m just starting on HA to control my whole house with one single app :slight_smile:
Thank to you guys I’ve discovered my A/C (5 units in total) can be controlled from this custom integration.

Since I’ve successfully added the integration I’ve then setup the “custom:simple-thermostat” to control my units. And thanks to this thread I’ve made the following:

So… great, I can now control my units one by one… My idea / my target from now is to try to do the following (if anyone can share his opinion / help):

• Easily generate a schedule for units since the M-Air app is just a mess: I’d like to:
    • Be able to indicate who’s in who’s not (since I don’t want to use the units in unoccupied rooms, an “Absence” can even be set then.
    • Be able to set a schedule: unit setup for complete week (work / week-end), hours setting, and for multiple units (since same schedule can apply on multiple units).
    • Be able to switch quickly all units from Heat, Cool, Dry, Fan modes.

Quite a lot of work and I’m not sure having the skills to manage all of that (if nothing exists already).

I also have in mind some automations that can be considered… Like if room temp. is greatee tha XX then switch on AC at a certain temp. But this should be easier to do with HA automations :slight_smile:

[EDIT] I forgot to ask something. I’m wondering how the horizontal swing can be set up. Having a look into the services.yaml of the integration I’ve discovered there is service ID called “set_horizontal_swing_mode” that might do what I’m looking for… But I don’t know how to manage it, ay idea ?

3 Likes

Very nice. Would you mind sharing the code?

I found the default thermostat card has kind of lag on updating status, after I made a change. How’s this card?

Thanks for sharing :pray:

I was able to get the integration working via HACS and using this thread for the links.

There is one thing that needs to be added: after downloading HACS, you need to restart your HA system. Than clean cache in browser and that will show the HACS integration in HA.

Is the issue resolved which required HASS to be rebooted often? If so do I need to upgrade and how?

The integration icon is broken:

Icon path: https://brands.home-assistant.io/mitsubishi_wf_rac/icon.png

Can this be fixed? :smiley:

Anyone got a solution to convert the energy cycle to an energy level sensor?

1 Like