Mixing imported and locally bought Xiaomi devices

Hi!

I wonder a bit about mixing regions of Xiaomi devices, can I buy some devices locally and some imported and still get everything to work? I currently have a gateway with sensors from China and a roborock bought here, and it seems I can control the vacuum in HA, but not sure everything works. Also I’m thinking about buying their air purifier locally now and want to make sure it all works together.

You can do this, you will just need to switch regions in the xiaomi app everytime you need to connect to those particula sensors…

Depending on what comms the sensors have (BLE, WiFi, Zigbee) you can also do away with the hib and talk directly to the sensors from Home Assistant using something like a Conbee for Zigbee… There are loads of posts on here as to how you can root your vacuum etc as well

This way you get around the Xiaomi cloud service all together…

then again, you may not need multiple regions - can anyone comment on devices that don’t work on china region?

not sure why anyone would want to send data to china willingly…

yup. but that wasn’t the question.

yes, but it serves to guide, in my humble opinion, as to how best to integrate the Xiaomi sensors… get rid of the cloud stuff and connect locally keeping your data locally…