Mmwave/presence radar sector map

It’s a essentially a HA version of the Aqara FP2’s zone positioning. mmwave users (esphome, zigbee/tuya, aqara, etc) can benefit greatly from having a similar map (self generated or a low fidelity snapshot from the radar unit) and zoning out regions for different automations/filters.

That would definitely be a killer feature!

I just installed the EP Lite today and I immediately went to HACS to see if I could find a map entity/integration for it. Unfortunately it didn’t return any results so my second stop was the community forum. Sadly no existing solution but i did find your post/request! Here is my vote, I’m looking forward to somebody picking this up and implementing it!

Hopefully this comment will increase the visibility of this post on the forum.

I’ll jump on this, would be a great feature

If HA had the ability to map a mmWave (or similar) multi-zone sensor onto the areas/zones that we’ve defined, it would absolutely transform how we create automations. I would gladly trade every improvement that HA has received in the past year for this one feature.

I use the Plotly Graph Card for this.

I’ve shared the yaml on GitHub:

everything_presence_lite_map_chart.yaml

5 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this! It’s been really helpful in visualizing my layouts setting up multiple mmWave sensors this weekend. The targets are all pinned at the base of the cone in the visualization of the range the sensor can see but even without that working for me, just seeing the layout of each zone has been hugely beneficial. Thanks again!

Edit: The targets were pinned because the is_inch_unit variable was set to false when it should be true as my configuration does use inches. Not sure if that’s because I have HA configured that way or my Everything Presence Lites but either way, changing this to true now has targets being tracked in real-time in the visualization which is even more useful.

This works well… My main issue is that without having enabled the other zones on the EP Lite, I was getting loads of warning messages. Best is to have the zones enables or remove them before you update the entity name etc. Adding a 4th zone was pretty easy as well.

Does this card still work? Just getting a big red window with “Error: at [entities.1.x.0]: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘state’)”

For me to get this working I needed to:

1. change the names to my sensor name: everything_presence_lite_name_123123_
    note that I needed to add the last _ because there is a space in my name…
  2. removed ALL zones (also zone 1) because apparently I had not setup zones yet…?

Then it worked.

Next I setup zones and re-added the zones code and now everything works nicely.