mmWave Target Tracking - fully customized ESPHome support!

Will be on travel this week but will have a look at this when I get back home.

My plan are to control a stepper motor using the angre response. Should have this up within a day or two when I get back and gave the time to play :slight_smile:

Red glowing eyes? :wink: Now I just HAVE to do this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi crlogic,

awesome project!!! Now I have to get me a Nerf CIWS…
Finally a good reason, “research” :grin:

Does anyone know if the K-LD7 can track multiple objects or would one of those hopefully soon to be released 3D mmWave sensors be able to do that?

No. Single target only.

I have been looking, nothing <$200 USD as far as my search queries have found.

Dang.

I want to put a bunch of these in my basement looking up to the first floor and same for my attic looking down to the second floor in order to track multiple targets and localize them to the space. Would definitely need a central processing node that could cluster the measurements together to determine specific targets that then get passed into a tracking / estimation algorithm like a kalman filter or maybe even a particle filter. We’re getting so close to a solid presence detection solution.

These don’t know the difference between “a person present” vs “I see movement”. So I’m not sure how solid that solution is quite yet… …especially with pets.

And to be clear - a non-moving target is not tracked. Which means that “a person standing still” provides no target data.