mmWave Wars: one sensor (module) to rule them all

Hi, Where can I get the phone app from?

Latest HLKRadarTool can be found here

1 Like

Only for Android, and only as a sideloaded app. for now.

There isl HLKRadarTool for iPhone (from App Store):

1 Like

Do you mind sharing links to what you got?

I found a 5 pin JST 1.25mm on aliexpress but I’m not sure what you did on the LD2410 side.
Mine has 5 pins but it doesn’t look like yours.

Thanks

I also used JST GH 1,25 mm 5 PIN connector. Different then on the picture from NorbertReinhold - i just used female connector and pushed it into existing 5 pins on the module.
Check here: LD2410 esphome tips - #61 by Maco65

hello, I understand correctly, you changed the module as in my picture to LD1115h and does it work for you? does not detect the presence of .

Thanks for the thread! So I use KS-811 switches at home:

Which only have indicators on the left side and a blank plastic panel on the right. With a bit of modification to the internal plastic ribs:

There’s enough room to mount a LD2410 right behind that blank panel:

Powered by the 5V internal rail (plenty of spare current as I’m not using all 3 relays in these switches), and mounted above the power entry to the front PCB. Wired up the hardware UART of the ESP8266, working great with the @amandel custom component. Thanks! There’s actually even enough room to angle the module slightly, to aim the module when the light switch is in the corner of the room.

7 Likes

Can you share your .yaml for esp8266?

I’m using this repository, note the sample .yaml. Key thing would be to use the hardware UART on the esp8266. Do you specifically want a config for the ks811 switches?

But this repo for ESP32 only, that’s why I asked.

Switching to ESP8266 shouldn’t be difficult. Replace the esp32: block with the information in here ESP8266 Platform — ESPHome.

Make sure to select the correct UART pins for your board.

Thanks for the link @FeromonDE, I’d also got these compilation errors for esp8266, but hadn’t seen that particular issue thread. At the time I assumed it must have been an issue with my out-of-date esphome installation, so I didn’t put any thought into it.

I’ve uploaded the changes I made here, simply removing the unused ESP_LOGD_HEX functions that were causing the compliation errors:

Who know, what this Setting mean?

Appeared after firmware and App update.

Thinking about ordering a few of these, how did it go for you with these?
And is it possible to use ESPresense with these (get the presence, not only motion)

Works perfcetly fine with ESP32.
HA interface:

Settings (distance, sensitivity) are possible from the ESP web server. I can’t connect to it over BT, but that issue is probably on my end. Using the repo from amandel (LD2410C is the same as 2410B just in a different form).

hey guys so I have just come across this thread and I can see something beautiful going on here. May I just ask what is the best mmWave sensor I can buy and the best board to run it on? i.e. ESP8266 or ESP32? thanks.

If you have Bluetooth setup on your HA, 2022.3 has support for directly integrating a HLK-LD2410B over Bluetooth. I’ve tried it and it works great, no need for an esp32 or esp8266.

3 Likes

I have bluetooth setup however my bluetooth node is meters away (on the first floor) from where I would want to have my mmWave sensor (on the ground floor). Would it still work reliably?