Mobile Alerts MQTT Proxy

Hi!

Long story short: I am looking for help creating a hassio addon from a node.js app.

I am using a Mobile Alerts Weather Station to measure indoor/outdoor temperature and himidity. The system comprises of a display unit (which includes the indoor sensor), a outdoor sensor and a gateway, which forwards sensor data to some server of the manufacturer.

My goal is to get the measurements into Home Assistant instead of the manufacturer’s cloud.

I found this very extensive repo on github: Link to repo
This guy did lots of work documenting the protocols of Mobile Alerts devices and even wrote a MQTT gateway in node.js!

I already got this node.js gateway/server to work on windows.
It acts as proxy for the Mobile Alerts Gateway and fetches the sensor data (forwarding to manufacturer’s cloud can be disabled via config) and broadcasts it as JSON via MQTT.
In hassio, I installed the Mosquitto Broker and the MQTT integration and configured four mqtt sensors in my config.

configuration.yaml
  - platform: mqtt
    name: wz_temp
    state_topic: MobileAlerts/07690e12dc28/json
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    value_template: "{{value_json.in.temperature[0]}}"

name: wz_hum
    unit_of_measurement: '%'
    value_template: "{{value_json.in.humidity[0]}}"

name: balcony_temp
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    value_template: "{{value_json.out.temperature[0]}}"

name: balcony_hum
    unit_of_measurement: '%'
    value_template: "{{value_json.out.humidity[0]}}"

Now I want to “dockerize” the node.js app to create a hassio-addon, but somehow I’m stuck, since I cannot produce a functioning container.

I hope someone in this forum will find it in their heart to give a little support. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @pachi ,
I created the addon with the maserver from MMMMobileAlerts created by Markus Fritze.

You can find it here:

To install it, just copy whole folder weather_station_mqtt to addons and set configuration values.

2 Likes

Does the addon still work with the new Hass version, I do not want to destroy my system?