Mobile App - Adding Integration fails with cryptic message

Trying to add the Mobile app I get this rather cryptic error

I had the integration installed but one of my household has a new phone so I wanted to rename the device. I could find no way to do that so I decided to remove the old device and try to re-add it back. It didn’t add itself so decided maybe I had to remove the integration completely and start again. But now I have the error and cannot find a way to install the integration for any of my phones!

I have tried rebooting the machine that HA runs on and I have even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

Seems like this could be a bug somewhere?

I do have mobile_app: in my config and it all worked perfectly when I had the integration installed before

You can’t create the integration here, it gets created as you login to the app. May need to run: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs/#starting-fresh-with-the-android-app

1 Like

Excellent, thanks. That was fairly painless!
Just a small point, maybe the ‘error’ message when trying to add an integration from within HA could be more specific and also the title of ‘Aborted’ is a bit severe in my opinion.

Maybe something along the lines of:
“This integration cannot be set up here, it is set up automatically after first installing and then opening the mobile app on your phone. See the docs for a list of compatible apps and troubleshooting.”

But once again, thank you.

As I have you here, if I may, I have a small issue which has been there since I first started using the app and that is that I am showing Bluetooth ‘connected paired’ to the same device that I am ‘connected not paired’ to.

The device is a Garmin watch which I am paired with.

Is this a problem in the app or is it just Android being Android?

This is because the device is paired to its own app as well as the system. My Mi band does not connect to the system but other apps for it require it. Every bluetooth device is different.

The error message you see is something that needs to be handled in the HA core side of things but its common behavior to abort the config flow.

1 Like