Mobile_app doesn't work on Android

I’m trying to get the mobile_app integration working (mostly to try and get notifications on my Android phone).

When I try (using the official app, AFAICT), I always get this screen:

I have

mobile_app:

in my configuration, and I also enabled device_tracker to try and get it working. My configuration is a couple of years old, but I don’t see any problems in the log file.

I do, however, use a reverse proxy (Apache 2.4), with websockets passed through. That works for everything, but maybe there’s additional configuration needed for mobile_app?

My app version is 1.3.1 (57).

Which version of Home Assistant are you using? Where do you get this screen you posted, on your mobile?
You don’t need to configure anything on the mobile side. You just add mobile_app: in your configuration.yaml, if it is not already there. Then install the app on the phone, it will search for your HA instance and if it doesn’t find it you enter the details manually, then you enter the credentials, done. The device tracker will be generated automatically.

Ok, so I decided to clear data on the app, and then I entered my HA instance details again and it set up the integration automatically. I guess there’s a problem when the app was connected when mobile_app wasn’t enabled that after you enable it it doesn’t seem to recognize it.

1 Like

I can confirm that this problem exists on app version 1.3.1 with Android 9. Tried pointing the HA app at my instance before adding mobile_app to my configuration.yaml. Once I added that line, the notify and device_tracker did not appear. I deleted the app, reinstalled, and logged back in, and they were picked up right away.

Thanks to the team for all the great work on this project!

1 Like

Still an issue!?! :frowning:

I can connect my phone but not my tablet?

I’ve tried all the above steps including factory reset of my mobile device, but no luck avoiding mobile_app failure after adding it to the config.

I just got a kindle fire hd 10 and added the play store manually via apk (standard practice).
I then installed the latest version of home assistant, which found my hass.io and I entered my credentials. After this I still experience the add mobile_app failure.

Edit - I have no log in my hass.io within an hour of me trying a newly formatted tablet.