Mobile App integration not working

I’ve seen a PR passing by earlier this week, when installing the beta version:

Next version this shouldn’t be a problem anymore :wink:

For me the battery level entity is missing, only the gps tracker with unknown status.

The battery level is an attribute of the device tracker, not an entity on its own.

I had a similar issue.
I solved using this procedure:

• Installing or updating the app to 1.1.1
  • Logout in the app (If you have a previous login with 1.0.0)
  • Restart HA
  • Login in the app

After the login the app, I found the device tracker entity in the HA.
It works and updates the location and the battery.

1 Like

My phone has now updated to 1.1.2.

Unknown here too on 1.1.2.

• Logged out
  • Cleared app storage
  • Restart HA
  • Log back in
  • Delete unknown device tracker entity
  • Restart HA again.

All good now.

2 Likes

Is anyone using it on Android 9?
I checked the permissions, and the phone is saying “No permissions requested.”

I’m using 9.0. Working fine. I’d uninstall and reinstall.

How do I delete unknow device tracker ?

Configuration > Entities then search for your device tracker. Delete and restart HA. N.B You can’t rename the entity_id for the mobile app otherwise it will just create another one with the same name with _2 appended.

That did it , cheers.

@xbmcnut under Entitites I only see 1 device tracker for my phone but under Configuration/Integrations/MobileApp my phone is displayed 2 times.
There is a difference in details :

• the first device shows only the phone name (device_tracker.oneplus_a5000) and firmware version
  • when the 2nd device displays more :name (device_tracker.oneplus_a5000_2) + Entities and Automations zone. It seems to me that this device should be the good one

When it look at DevelopperTools/States and check for device_tracker I can see both new devices, but only device_tracker.oneplus_a5000_2 seems to work.

So I don’t know how to delete device_tracker.oneplus_a5000

Ever since I started using the mobile app, my phone has always appeared twice. Imagine my confusion when I delete the app, reinstall, and now my phone is listed four times with four different entities (Connection, battery state, battery level, etc.). Most frustrating is when only ONE device (of the four) is registering (near) correct readings.

And just when you think you have it figured out, an error message comes up (HA API not available). So I go and clear the cache, but the only option is to “reset front end cache.” I “reset” the cache…but the device still has readings from the previous day. At this point the mobile app is rendered useless. What’s the point of this app if it never has the correct readings? Is there an extra step, such as restarting the pi on a daily basis (because I do not-didn’t think it’d make a huge difference.)

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the iOS app MULTIPLE times. In my config, I have both the iOS and mobile_app components enabled. Is that overkill? Is this causing too much confusion? (Ver. 102) No idea what the logs say because I can’t get access on the mobile app and not near a computer at the moment.

EDIT: I recently read the trouble stems from the “storage” folder in the HA directory. Some clarification on this would be helpful. Is there a way to cleanse the storage (cache) without wiping out the front end?

Edit 2: Such information would be incredibly useful to those brand new to the HA environment.

Have this issue with 1.3.1

Hi!

I solved this by adding

# Mobile app integration
mobile_app:

in confiugration.yaml.

Then I followed previous tips of logging out / clearing cache / restart HA etc.

• Logged out
  • Cleared app storage
  • Restart HA
  • Log back in

Now the app is there as a device_tracker and my device shows up in the integrations page within “Mobile app” section.

1 Like

Thank you. I am now too far advanced into the xmas day cheer to go anywhere and test the location thing, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow :slight_smile:

I am having an issue with my Pixel 3 XL running Android 10. I have followed the steps of everyone above, logging out, clearing storage, restarting HA, removing any entities, and then re-registering the application and my phone status still shows Unknown. I just did my wife’s phone and hers worked great showing location and battery stats. Any ideas?

Hi MisterMister, did you solve this? I am facing the same problem. And I have to erase the app and download again. And start all over.