Mobile App Notification Commands

Home-Assistant Companion mobile apps have several supported advanced features.

But these features require you to copy down and ensure they are in all your automations, instead I created a set of blueprints that you can use to create scripts for use in your automations instead.
Available in my github repository as well

Mobile Companion App Notification Script Blueprints

Android Alarm from static Time Android Alarm from static Time

Android Bluetooth Android Bluetooth

Android Do Not Disturb Android Do Not Disturb

Android High Accuracy Android High Accuracy

Android Set Ringer Android Set Ringer

Android/iOS Location Update Android/iOS Location Update

Common Notification Standard Scripts

All my notification scripts use a standard call format below, message is required for everything, while title, critical, and data are optional.
Critical allows a device to bypass the devices input boolean used to as a do not disturb. Title and data is currently used by only mobile apps.
Data for mobile apps are for including additional mobile app notification features
You need to create an input_boolean prior to adding these blueprints that is used for the blueprints control of the do not disturb features.

data:
  title: Testing
  critical: true
  data:
    actions:
      - action: ALARM
        title: Sound Alarm
        icon: sfsymbols:bell
      - action: SILENCE
        title: Silence Alarm
        icon: sfsymbols:bell.slash

Android/iOS Notification Script Android/iOS Notification Script

2 Likes

I am looking at your blueprints and I am going to convert them to a normal script (at least the ā€œset alarmā€ blueprint for now).

So thanks for posting useful scripts

But in the ā€œset alarmā€ config I see a data option as ā€œgroup:ā€ but I donā€™t see that as a valid option in the mobile app notify service. And when I add it via yaml the config checker complains that ā€œInvalid data for call_service at pos 1: extra keys not allowed @ data[ā€˜groupā€™]ā€.

where does that come from?

Nevermind. I figured it out.

I needed another ā€œdata:ā€ section.

Thanks for pointing this out I wrote the blueprint to do both but forgot to upload this one.

Android Alarm variable input Android Alarm variable input
When calling this script add time: 'HH:MM' for the time to be passed to the input.

1 Like

Hey there,

Iā€™m trying to make your blueprint work, but it is giving me some errors in the yaml configuration. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m doing things properly or not. Iā€™m trying to use the DND blueprint/script to set up an automation so that the script triggers when I enter a zone. I test run the script, and it does work, my phone goes into priority. However, I found out after trying to restart my HA, it wouldnā€™t let me because a problem with the yaml file. When I went to take a look, it was related to the script.
In the scripts.yaml there is an error saying ā€œmissing property entitiesā€. Do you know whatā€™s going on?
Thanks!