Mobile Companion App behaves differently than web GUI: android remote will not change volume the same way between the two

Hi all,

Basically, I am trying to include a volume slider on my remote, but I can’t get it to behave like I want on the mobile companion app (but it works perfectly fine on the web gui).

I’ll try to keep this simple and provide a timeline

• I have a relatively complex android remote with a volume slider. The slider works on web but always gives the following error on companion app

Failed to call service media_player/volume_set. not a valid value for dictionary value @data[‘entity_id’]

• I’ve tried numerous test variations without being able to get it to work consistently (it may work after a test implementation, then stop working a minute later).

• Even on the most simple iteration, I get the same error (again, on companion app only).

type: custom:android-tv-card
slider_id: media_player.living_room_tv
rows:
  - slider 
  • I sort of gave up and re-installed the app.
  • Now it works, sort of.
  • No longer do I get the error, but it still behaves oddly. As I slide the volume, it will only change the volume on the device to the LAST volume I slid it too.

example:

Volume Slider on App: 10 - 55 - 33 - 21 - 18 - 5  - 50            
Volume on TV/device:   x - 10 - 55 - 33 - 21 - 18 - 5  

Remember, everything works fine on the Web GUI, but it behaves so unusually on the companion app. At first I thought it was a coding issue, but it just seems to be some app or settings issue.

Any thoughts? any help?

thanks!

the best place to start troubleshooting is with the custom components github page