Mochad configuration

Hi, I am trying to configure the mochad platform, using the instruction on the web page I added to configuration.yaml:

mochad:
 host: localhost

switch:
 platform: mochad
 devices:
   - address: a13
     name: Tuinverlichting

Unfortunately the log file shows the following result:

2018-03-29 20:14:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up platform mochad
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 82, in async_setup
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/mochad.py", line 36, in setup_platform
    hass, mochad.CONTROLLER.ctrl, dev) for dev in devs])
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/mochad.py", line 36, in <listcomp>
    hass, mochad.CONTROLLER.ctrl, dev) for dev in devs])
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/mochad.py", line 56, in __init__
    self._state = self._get_device_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/mochad.py", line 102, in _get_device_status
    status = self.device.get_status().rstrip()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymochad/device.py", line 55, in get_status
    return self.controller.read_data().lower()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymochad/controller.py", line 83, in read_data
    data = self.socket.recv(4096)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Looks like either the port is not the default 1099 or it’s not running. Any help would be appreciated.

For me it helped to change the line host: localhost to host: 127.0.0.1
It forces the module to use ipv4

Thanks for the anwer, tried it, still getting the connection refused error message in the log.

Changing host to my ip worked but localhost did not. Weird. Thanks for posting this fix.

I just started setting up HA. My setup consists X10 switches and appliance plugins that are controller using hardwired X10 remote.

Here is a snippets of my configuration file.

X10 Controller

mochad:
host: 127.0.0.1
port: 1099

X10 devices

switch:

• platform: mochad
    devices:
    • address: a1
      name: sabine_light
      comm_type: rf
    • address: a2
      name: sabine_fan
      comm_type: rf

Initially I had issues running the mochad component, I was getting the error listed above so I went ahead and tried the CM19A on my Linux box and it worked fine. After that I reconnected the CM19A to the HA and now it comes up and sees my devices but I can’t control them. I send the command out but the LED on CM19A does not illuminate. How can I debug to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for the help

1 Like