Modbus bms seplos help

Hi everyone, I integrated my seplos bms with modbus protocol with my esp8266, when I only had one battery everything worked, now I added a second battery with a second BMS which is connected to the first via port 485, and my entire esp system has often doesn’t work, I have no idea how to reconfigure my file. can anyone give me a hand?? I attach my current configuration that works with a single battery and the description of the Modbus protocol of my BMS. Please if anyone can help me I would be grateful

this is my configuration:

esp8266:
board: esp01_1m

wifi:
ssid:…

password:…
ota:
password: “…”

logger:
level: DEBUG

api:
encryption:
key: “…”

uart:

• id: uart_0
    baud_rate: 19200
    tx_pin: GPIO4
    rx_pin: GPIO5
    debug:
    direction: BOTH
    dummy_receiver: false

modbus:

• id: modbus0
    uart_id: uart_0
    send_wait_time: 200ms

modbus_controller:

• id: bms0
    address: 0x00
    modbus_id: modbus0
    command_throttle: 200ms
    update_interval: 10s

sensor:

• platform: modbus_controller
    modbus_controller_id: bms0
    name: “${name} cicli carica”
    address: 0x1007
    register_type: read
    value_type: S_WORD
    unit_of_measurement: “”
    device_class: battery
    state_class: measurement
    accuracy_decimals: 0
    filters:
    • multiply: 1

0x00 it is broadcast address.
Try with 0x01

You need to change address

ok thank you I’ll do this test, instead what address should I give to call the sensors of the various batteries? First I called it with 0x1007 now having two how do I differentiate them?

First I called it with 0x1007 now having two how do I differentiate them?

Slave address 0x01 to 0xff

Multiple modbus_controller: maybe

unfortunately it doesn’t work

can anyone help me?

I am just starting on this path.
I have 2 Seplos Mason units. They are paralleled but not for communication. Only one talks to Inverter and reports SoC etc.
I am thinking of going your route and wondered if you can’t just have 2 instance ESP8266 connecting to each ?

Hi, it’s not possible because the two batteries have to communicate with each other and you can’t use the free port on the second battery to read modbus, you have to read everything from the master battery. If you have any ideas let me know!

You can use this project to read the batteries :wink: GitHub - syssi/esphome-seplos-bms: ESPHome component to monitor a Seplos Battery Management System (Seplos-BMS) via UART or RS485

1 Like