MODBUS data from SMA Inverter

Awesome! Glad you got it working!

@rbusscher did you ever get some answers regarding your SMA Tripower 15000?

No. I spoke to someone from SMA. They tell me that you cannot read from the SMA Tripower Inverter because the inverter can only send data to 1 system (app, web or HA). So if you use the SMA App, you cannot read the data with HA :frowning: So stuppid this. So I ask why and If I can use the second UTP port in the inverter to read the data with HA. To be continue.

1 Like

Hello, it works, I’ve tried it, just great.
At the beginning I had the problem that I couldn’t reach the inverter.
Just restarted the inverter helped.

Have you ever tried to restart the inverter?
At the beginning I had the problem that I couldn’t reach the inverter.

This worked for me: Integration with SMA Solar STP 10000TL-20 via SBFspot

Hi, I have to tell you that you actually have an error in the total yield, which according to the original SMA document is 30513 and count 4.
Both work, but according to the document it is wrong.

I finaly got the modbus with SMA Inverter to work in Sweden. Many thanks to people in this thread and othere threads for all the work.

after restart you can reach sma with your web browser?

Hello, no, I can’t access the inverter via the browser if that’s what you mean.
Either via the Sunny Explorer or via the Sunnyportal and now also in Home Assistant.

I have an old SB 3000 TL-21, with a speedwire in it.
No matter what I try, the installation via integrations in HA, nor manually typing in the modbus things, nor via http: all things here named do simply ot work.
Integrations give an error, the others well simply show nothing or 0 for sensor readings.
Maybe scrape is the way to go, but what am I missing.
Maybe it is too ald to be read out, although via my speedwire software i can read it out and via the website of SMA too so it is sending for sure!

Have you switched on the Modbus interface in the inverter?
See contribution from jan. '20
See other posts above. If you haven’t done that, it won’t work. To switch on the communication you need the installer password.

Yes, it is switched on! I switched all protocols on in order to see if it was that which stopped it from working. Modbus was already on, I think it is to communicate with my sma software and with SMA Germany.
So yes all is on.

Hello, are you based in Germany?
I also live in Germany.
Take a look at the video on youtube (integrate the SMA inverter into the ioBroker via modbus) und verwenden sie an stelle von register - address war bei mir der Fehler.
Not everything works 100% yet, but at least I get values. I’m still modifying it.

1 Like

Tried this script too, but it gave no values at all.

But thank you, Merry Christmas all

Hi Stefan,
thanks for your solution! This one worked for me, an STP 10000TL-20 in Germany.
I tried older versions of the code in this tread but I learned that the syntax changed and therefore I got no results.
No I only have to find out what I have to do to be able to choose these values in the solar production part of the energy panel.

Regards,
Dominik

Hello, how did you do that with PV_Leistung because as soon as the sun is gone, a large value comes out that is not correct.
I’ve already tried a lot of what is written here, but somehow it doesn’t work.

I’m using a template:

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: "pv_leistung_template"
        unit_of_measurement: "W"
        state: "{% if states('sensor.PV_Leistung') is not none %}
          {% if states('sensor.PV_Leistung') | int < 0 %}
          {{ 0 }}
          {% else %}
          {{ states('sensor.PV_Leistung') | int }}
          {% endif %}
          {% else %}
          {{ 'error' }}
          {% endif %}"

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Now it worked for me too.

1 Like

Hello, do you have more sensors in stock?
Do you have L1 and L2 too