Modify/customize the default weather card

Hi folks,

I am pretty new to Home Assistant and trying to adapt it for me.

Currently on the lovelace default view a weather cards is being shown based on what I have set as location and timezone under general configuration. The card uses the weather service met.no, which is not precise for my location. Therefore I want to change it to dark sky.

Within configuration.yaml I’ve added

weather:
  - platform: darksky
    api_key: <my_apikey>
    name: Home
    mode: daily

However this causes an additional weather card to appear.

How can I just change the weather service of the default weather card? I couldn’t find info for this anywhere.

BTW: I’d like to keep the setting that Home Assistant manages the content of the default view on its own, so that new entities keep appearing without any manual changes required by me.

Thanks for your help!
Thomas

BTW: I’d like to keep the setting that Home Assistant manages the content of the default view on its own, so that new entities keep appearing without any manual changes required by me.

That is not going to be possible if you want to edit the cards. You have to take control.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I really only want to change the by default used weather service. And that’s not possible?

If this requires to take control over the default view instead of having it automatically be updated, what would I need to change then?

You would need to delete the unwanted darksky card and edit the entity of the lovelace weather card to use the darksky weather entity.

Will do this then. Thanks for the info!