Modify pylutron

I think there is a misunderstanding here ! There is no special key to connect at QSX. It’s just an SSL connection so you basically at first generate a CSR and generate an SSL key that you’ll use for secured communication with processor. I have checked the AMX module for QSX and there is no secret key in it, just mention that first time module connects at QSX it’ll take around 15 minutes for AMX processor to generate the SSL keys !

Have you succeeded to get it working ? Being a Lutron dealer I have contacted them to get the protocol to be able to develop integration for it but they are so old fashion and so bad view of home automation market right now :frowning: They refuse to release protocol for open system and considering HA not enough mainstream :rage:

I have not really tried to do some deeper technical digging yet - but without Lutron opening the API up its likely not possible.

I have a direct channel into Lutron and talked with a high up in charge at Lutron. Here is his response to open the LEAP API up:

If not reverse engineered by someone this won’t be opened up for business $$$ reasons.

Has someone tried using their HomeKit interface to integrate with Home Assistant?

I’m interested in delivering a professional integration experience with Home Assistant. My company installs Home Assistant and Lutron as a service.

What would it take to reverse engineer the API? Is that possible? I have a client that might pay for this.

Don’t bother about it, Lutron integration in HA supports properly QSX processor now (I have one running at a customer site since few months now) although stupid Lutron company doesn’t want to support non commercial home automation systems (but what to expect from a company that is using 100% Microsoft ecosystem to develop its products…).
Side note: Lutron integration configuration is so simple ! You just fill IP of QSX processor and after 1/2s it asks you to push the button on the processor and you are done :sunglasses:

1 Like

Can you elaborate? Which integration of the Lutron component is applicable for QSX? Lutron Homeworks?

First remove any custom components you might have installed for Lutron in your HA, reboot HA and then go into Integrations Menu → Lutron → Lutron Caseta, fill processor IP, it’ll ask you after few seconds to push the tiny button on processor to confirm the link and you are done :wink: (Lutron Caséta - Home Assistant)

1 Like

Works great, thanks