Moes BHT-002 Thermostat local control (Tuya based)

hmm. I don’t know. I think MQTT is for the zigbee version of BHT-002.
also, you can create automation in HA to schedule thermostat temperature.

I actually found a scheduler card in HACS that works really well

2 Likes

You have to sponsor this template! You saved me! Thank you!

1 Like

@fashberg This is great - it really doesn’t get any easier!
I also get notifications on my Apple Watch if anybody changes the setpoint.

how I can hard reset BHT-002 ?
I deleted it from my app and all buttoms are blocked…

Nice work, thanks! Any chance this can be modified to have a cool more as well? I set up the integration with the BAC-002-ALW, used for my ducted AC. Works fine, but would be nice to have it showing as cooling instead of heating. Many thanks.

i can’t help. no fast and good solution for this. only hacks.

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work on this :slight_smile: I’ve was looking for a new thermostat for my bathroom floor which would work off HA and found this thread. Bought a BHT-3000-GBLW off Amazon and flashed new firmware (v1.19.beta1-fas) after 20min soldering without problems. I’ve also done the hardware hack (bac-2000wifi) to detect relay state and all is working well. Only thing I couldn’t get to work reliably was MQTT auto-discovery so I’ve added a manual entry in configuration.yaml but that might just be my setup.

@fashberg - thank you for the great job you did developing the integration and a very detailed instruction how to flash and configure the BHT-002.

Could you help me to understand why my floor sensor temperature is showing -1.0C?

Thermostat
Current Temperature:	21.50
Current Floor-Temperature:	-1.00
Target Temperature:	15.00

EDIT:
My bad. Floor sensor temp issue resolved: I used the old sensor initially (which was attached to the previous dumb thermostat), which measures at 40 kOhm. When I connected Moes original sensor (10 kOhm), it started measuring temp flawlessly.

the integration in HA does not load. It used to work, but stopped after the update. Writes failed to load the integration. Reinstalling does not help, the integration does not appear in the integration lists.

2021-06-14 15:17:04 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration 'localtuya' does not have a valid version key (None) in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes#versions for more details
1 Like

Same here - it used to work just fine, but doesn’t work any more after the recent update.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:172
First occurred: 12:24:28 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:24:28

Setup failed for localtuya: Integration not found.

@Artist Any chance of a fix any time soon?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for sharing.
But when I try to connect to my Tuya account I get a connection error.
A screen saying:

Aborted

Failed to connect

Go to /config/custom_components/localtuya/manifest.json

Add line Version (any Version) holder to the config.

{
“domain”: “localtuya”,
“name”: “LocalTuya integration”,
"version": “1.0”,
“documentation”: “GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices”,
“dependencies”: [],
“codeowners”: [
@rospogrigio”, “@postlund
],

Afterwards, you should clear Browser Cache.
Wohoo it worked for me.

Hey,

many thanks – it worked like a charm :slight_smile:

Hi,
Hassio updted to 2021.06.6.
Now thermostat now show ups. til to older version HA everything worked
I removed local tuya repo, local tuya added thermostat, etc.

Configuration>Integration>Add Integration>Searh Integration no show up Local Tuya.
I tired too many time but not solved.
Show only Local tuuya from repo= GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices.
Release climate-v.1.1.1 · ArtistAOP/localtuya · GitHub not working

Have same issue. Due i had several Tuya stuff installed before but not Climate and noticed from discussions earlier, i have to delete old LocalTuya and install this climate -version, i did all but now this new is not showing in Integration anymore. Frustrating … even added version number to manifest,json and log shows HA understand this as other custom integrations (2021-07-18 19:16:15 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration localtuya which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant)

Your integration worked for my thermostat Avatto ME102H.
Thank you!

My previous problem was fixed after just waiting 2 days and it worked.

But now got a new problem. I have 4 BHT-002 thermostats installed and after few days, some of those just loose connection to HA. Tuya app/cloud works just fine. Log looks like this:

Still do not have a solution?
And also tuya has changed the system, now there is Tuya v2, but the thermostat is incompatible with Tuya V2

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have installed local tuya climate-v.1.1.2 in hacs and under integration i dont see local tuya. Does anyone have any idea why it does not work, in log i do not see anything!

1 Like