Moes in wall Switch turns itsself off

After some help for updating my HA Installation I managed to bind my Moes in wall 2 gang switch (TS0012 von _TZ3000). One trigger switches a light directly connected the other one is just used as a button for controlling a socket adapter (also connected to a light).

Long story short, all worked for about 1 week, whilst I changed nothing special.

Now the directly connected light just turns off after some seconds when I switch it on. The second controlled light sometimes does the same but when it is on and I try to switch the main light it turns both of them off after a short time. I also tried deactivating all automations to that switch so that it would work like a normal in-wall switch but still the same.

Device signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4417, maximum_buffer_size=66, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=66, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=66, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0100",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "2": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0100",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006"
      ],
      "out_clusters": []
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZ3000_18ejxno0",
  "model": "TS0012",
  "class": "zhaquirks.tuya.ts001x.TuyaDoubleNoNeutralSwitch_2"
}

Is the switch in question one of those advertised as “No Neutral line required”?

If yes, nevertheless, you should add a capacitor between L1 and N close to the light (its mandatory to install the capacitor between L1 and N, not L2 and n).

I own a couple of those Moes “No Neutral line required”-switches. While some work flawlessly without a capacitor as advertised others showed weird behaviour switching themselves whenever they wanted and without a clear pattern rather than following HA’s automation routines. Installing capacitors remedied such behaviour.

I did contact Moes about this behaviour and guess what they suggested? Install capacitors! :woozy_face:

1 Like

What value capacitor would you recommend? Obviously the voltage has to match, but how many farads? And in a no-neutral switch situation, does every light on the circuit need a capacitor, or just one?

I use the capacitors Moes sent to me after my support request to them:

But these are also working well:

No, just one capacitor close to the first bulb (if you have more than one light source in a row on one circuit) of L1.
L1 is important, don’t use a capacitor with i.e. L2 or L3.