Moes Smart Knob Lights Control

@Richi_Bowzer , this doesn’t do anything either:

i added multiple light with decrease brightness to this tigger. Nothing happens if i rotate the smart knob.

Here is the github thread where further support is needed to get all the actions supported by ZHA: https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues/1268

This is the reason it only supports single press and rotate (without click).

Have you tried it?

The single press can be linked to any action you like.

The rotate function is linked to the light you select.

i don’t understand how this threat helps me getting the rotate function working in ZHA. Did anyone try this?

The rotate function works for me with this blueprint

Can you share a screen shot of your setup?

@seamus65, many thanks. It works but the change in brightness is very slow do you have that as well? i would like it to be more sensitive.

I am the same as you, a home assistant user.

If you need different functionality then the base blueprint has already been done for you, making it easy for you to modify to your needs.

@seamus65 , i agree. But do you have the same issue? on rotation the light don’t change in brightness very fast. i will check the github section, may i can see if i can change the speed it increases or decreases.

@seamus65 , can i not change these values in the blueprint.yaml?

Yes, you can change the values in the blueprint on your local machine (your HA installation).

I made it so the faster/more I rotate the knob the faster/more it dimmed, without immediately turning off.

@seamus65, thanks works okay. I think i have some issues with Zigbee (maybe to many devices) the knob reaction is very slow.

they key is with this device is to not rotate it fast (example if you rotate slowly it will dim in one full turn, if you try to rotate quickly it will dim in about 3 or 4 full turns).

@Richi_Bowzer, thanks! i see it’s working. Not ideal but it works!

great for changing scenes though (via mqtt) with push and rotate

1 Like

I’ve noticed that there seems to be more options for the smart knob in HA automations device actions compared to when I first paired it. Does this mean that there have been updates to it which might allow for more functionality in a blueprint?

That is awesome, it is now picking up the push and twist.

I will try and get a chance to look at the blueprint code at some point soon.

I have had a look and realised they have also added two null values to args and for some reason I can’t get my head around how to pick them up.

I have tried args[0] and various different things and still can’t get it.

Whatever you have tried, working or not, is amazing. Thank you for giving it a go! Even if it hasn’t worked to the full extent of the capability of the smart knob, thanks!

I don’t have the knowledge and understanding on how to progress your work, so I appreciate all the time you spend on it!

Thanks again