Momentary switch on rpi

Hello there, I am new to Home Assistant and so far really enjoying it.

I am at a bit of a block though, I have HA installed on a Raspberry PI 3 B + as a headless install (OS), so far, I have installed Tuya integration for 3 bulbs and 2 plugs, I have a DHT22 sensor reading humidity and temp (hard wired to the PI), I also have a Plex integration that is really fun for some automations.

That being said, I would like to install a physical momentary button (GPIO 2 to GND) on the PI so that I can automate activating HA created scenes on the bulbs, EG: one click = brightness 100% on all bulbs. Two clicks = bubls off. (or switch.toggle would be nice too).

I have read numerous threads that say use the binary_sensor option, but it just won’t work for me and I do not have any idea how to start troubleshooting, I did also create manual YAML automations, which work when I press the "Run Automation’ in HA.

What I added to the configuration.yaml for the button looks like so;

binary_sensor:
  - platform: rpi_gpio
    ports:
      3: Bedroom Lights

What I added to the automation.yaml looks like so; (this was from one of the mentioned threads I read)

- alias: Light Mode Short  # toggle main lights on and off "Bright"
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.bedroom_lights
      to: 'off'
  condition:
    condition: template
    value_template: "{{ (as_timestamp(now())-as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.bedroom_lights.last_changed)) < 1 }}"
  action:
  - scene: scene.bright
  mode: single

Any help is appreciated! PS: I hope I am not in the wrong section…

Hello, I got the button working with the one automation (Had to invert the logic in my config.YAML), Is there a way for me to have the scene.bright toggle instead of just turning on with a single click? (I tried using the switch.toggle service but that did not work.

- alias: Light Mode Short  # main lights on "Bright"
  trigger:
  condition:
    value_template: "{{ (as_timestamp(now())-as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.bedroom_lights.last_changed)) < 1 }}"
  action:

My next issue is that the press and hold for 3 seconds automation is not working, and I have no clue where to start.

- alias: Light Mode Long  # scene Ambient "Dim"
  trigger:
    platform: state
  condition:
    value_template: "{{ (as_timestamp(now())-as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.bedroom_lights.last_changed)) > 3 }}"
  action:
  - scene: scene.dim

I tried the from: to: for: 3 seconds but that caused any button press to activate scene.dim

Okay, so I pretty much made a round about way for a toggle option that I wanted…

#=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  trigger:
  condition:
  action:
  trigger:
  condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: light.light
        state: "on"
        entity_id: light.light_wall
        entity_id: light.light_ceiling
  action:
  - scene: scene.bedroom_off

Its ugly, but it works and I can live with it. I will just go ahead and mark this as solved :smiley:

Thanks!