Monitor Heat Pump starts

Hi everyone, i am pretty new to HA, so please excuse any dumb questions :wink:
I am currently running a HA to monitor my Daikin Altherma Heatpump - therefore i use an ESPAltherma giving me all relevant information linke Fluid temps etc.

What I am trying to achieve is: Make a Counter to count the Heat Pump Starts. This could be done (so do i think) by counting the times the voltage goes up, Fan starts to spin etc. But i have no clue, where and how to start.

This is not something that I think would work well in a blueprint, and as a rookie I highly suggest when writing your own you use the automation editor to keep your syntax correct.
That said I suggest removing the blueprint part of the topic and let it go into configuration, then in the tags use the automation tag. That will get you a better audience for this question.

How I would generally go about this is create a input_number helper and then create an automation that triggers whenever whatever you want to happen, happens. The action for the automation would be to add 1 to the input_number helper that you created. Then in the dashboard display that input_number helper.

If my answer or someone elseโ€™s is the one that is the most help to you, it is helpful to all to click the solution button and close up the topic.