Monitor your solar PV system in Home Assistant

@ [iammeter
hello how could i monitor only from sunrise to sunset??

Nope, there seems to be some delays, so values are not changing in sync. I have now Shelly em3 waiting to be installed into a new additional cabinet.

Where are you living in? Australia?
, just asking.

Quite close, only 13 Mm away. Finland :smiley:

Add Lovelace Apexcharts to display the power reading of 3phase energy meter in the Home assistant

I agree with you @tom_l, this would be OK for energy usage, lets say you push every minute in stead of every second. That still gives you a good overview of your energy usage by minute/hour. However, where I am also using this is to look at current power consumption/production, this is very useful to monitor instant to see how much un-used solar energy you can still consume or to decide if you should switch the dishwasher off because you are consuming from the grid etc. The problem with every second though is that my solar power production sensor only provides an update every 15 minutes, my shelly devices much faster and the P1 grid meter every second, so it is still not perfect and I dod not know how to synchronize the meter readings for all three sources.

Hi:
If want to refresh the data every seconds from WEM3080T or WEM3080, the modebus/tcp sensor is an option.

About the suggetion of Tom_I
ā€œA better solution is to use a meter that pushes an update to Home Assistant only when there is a significant change (local push). This way you are not flooding your network with unnecessary traffic.ā€
Honestly speaking ,I do not think it is a good idea to introduce some extra control logic (Judge whether there are ā€œsignificant changesā€ in the data value) in uploading from the device.
The reason is as below
1 I think it is better to adapt the universal interface, such as HTTP get, MQTT, and Modbus/TCP. The upload interval should be determined by the server (HA), not the device(energy meter)
If you want to add some logic, it should be added on the server side. Such as judging whether store the data in the databaseļ¼ˆTo minimize storage space waste caused by storing the same data as much as possibleļ¼‰
2 Even if you use the minimum upload interval (1s/s by Modbus/TCP), each data packet(every second) is less than 1k bytes.This 1k bandwidth occupied by the Modbus/tcp would not bring any stress in any WLAN.

Has someone controlled the ocpp charger to consume the excess solar output?

Hi :slight_smile:
maybe someone had an idea for my situation?

Hello.
Did you put in a three-phase meter? Is your flat three phase or single phase? You can use a three phase meter on a single phase panel to measure the three vectors, i.e. one is Public Grid, one is Solar Generation and the third phase is home consumptionā€¦ The three-phase meter should allow the voltage reference to be the same for all three phasesā€¦ If the polarities are correct, the sum of the three powers must give 0. (not necessarily the currents because they have different power factors, only the vectorial sum is zero but not the scalar ones).

Hi, the WEM3080T supports both 3-phase and split-phase measurements, which means you can use it as three single-phase energy meters, one is installed on the grid side while another is installed on the solar side(assuming both solar and grid are single-phase).
Of course,the voltage and current of each phase must be matched correctly in the installation, otherwise, it will met the ā€œphase mismatchā€ mistake and cause a wrong reading.

If both solar and grid are 3phase ,it need two WEM3080T in this solution.
https://www.iammeter.com/docs/wiring-diagram

Subsequent tutorial: control the EV charging power with regard to the solar PV output and grid power reading

Premise:Which type of electrical meter best fits your needs?

Blog:What capabilities does IAMMETER offer?