Monitoring our solar installation

After installing a new solar panel, regulator and some modern lithium batteries on our cabin, I wanted to see if I could monitor these remotely. They all had a silly “app” that could be used to read BLE-data from the devices, but since they are located in a remote location, that did not really work. I started by installing a cheap android tablet and trying to pull the data by grabbing screenshots and using Tasker, I gave up, and started from scratch by setting up an RPI and starting to reverse engieneer the apps, and protocols they used.

After some months, I now have a working setup, where data is passively monitoried by BLE and GATT, and sent to my Home Assistant over MQTT.

The service currently support the following BLE-devices:

Data can be sent using either MQTT or JSON

Please don’t hesitate to fork it or send PRs if you want to have more devices supported.

2 Likes

@Olen - I don’t mean to SPAM you but if you or anyone as figured out how to successfully read the BT-2, and in particular the Renogy 48V 3500W controller/charger/inverter, I could really use some assistance. At this point I am considering using CT clamps or something just so I can start tracking in HA.

1 Like

Same here! I’m trying to access data through BLE and the BT-2 dongle on a DCC30s by Renogy. Can’t find anything online, and decompiling Renogy’s apps hasn’t found me anything either. Anything appreciated.

I never got anything to work for this unit. I added the Renogy One M1 with subscription but they have not added an API or other means to GET the data our yet.

1 Like