Moode audio intergration

I have a few Raspberry Pis running moode audio player around my house and would like to integrate some kind of player card into my Home Assistant setup.

Has any one here used moode audio? Any success with using alongside HA?

I should think the Volumio component is fairly similar - just can’t face reverting back to Volumio after using Moode

Thanks,

1 Like

Doing a quick search, it seems that Moodeaudio can work with LMS Logitech Media Server, activating “squeezelite renderer” in Moode. There is a component for Squeezebox in HA.

Thanks - I tried this one but it didn’t detect the players on my network

I’m using PiCorePlayer which is similar to Moode, use LMS server and multple Pi’s - It all works great, including multi room audio :slight_smile:

I believe Moode is based on Music Player Dameon and should work with the below component.

1 Like

I tryed PiCorePlayer, but it only works if they are ON when HA starts. They are not recognized when they are switched On. And this behavior is pretty annoying, since I have to restart HA now and then. It appears that there is a workaround for this, but it’s not trivial.

that worked perfectly - thank you.

how can I add the controls (volume control, source etc) from the screenshot onto the main card - also displaying the current playlist below? do I need to make a ui-lovelace.yaml for the mpd platform?

It would be nice to know if your Moodeaudio player (with MPD component) can be detected by HA when it is turned on. It seems that Moode can also interface with Logitech Media Server.

I will test for you and let you know tomorrow.

I used picoreplayer once and moode seems very similar in features

You probably forgot about the test. No problem, but I still wonder if moode can be detected after HA has been booted. Thanks.

Yes sorry I forgot.

My moodeplayer is on 24/7 and I have been tinkering with HASS a lot recently - I restart it constantly and the Moode MPD always shows up without any problems.

I added mini media player card and it works nicely with MPD. I’d still like to customise the card for more functions like displaying if MPD is using airplay or bluetooth.

Give moode a go and let us know how you get on.

I am afraid that the test that I was proposing was opposite,.I mean, when HA is already running and moode, that was disconnected when HA booted, is then moode is turned on. I wonder if then HA is able to detect it. This doesn’t work with picoreplayer. If it really work with moode, I may give it a go.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for testing.

If I understand your question correctly then yes HA is able to detect it.

Great. Thank you.

I confirm that it works, BUT I gave it a go keeping in mind the squeezelite renderer feature, since I use LMS - Logitech Media Server. It also works, but once it is set, it no longer can play radios (from moode itself), can’t be controled by lovelace interface, and no longer play TTS messages. The interface gets locked.
So, it’s a nice player but it seems that it won’t be the best idea for my setup. I already have some Chromecast audio, which can do all of this and still be associated in groups the way I want. But it is no longer being made, but there are used ones around.
For other setups, it can be valid. It is a nice player.

it does have its problems - maybe I should try picoreplayer instead :smiley:

post your requirements here http://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

I installed picoreplayer on both my pis today and setup a LMS on my server.

wow so much better than anything else - wish I’d done this a long long time ago

Nice your question about Moode led you to LMS discovery. Picoreplayer doesn’t have a fancy layout as Moode, but maybe it is more functional. But when HA starts, Picore has to be already running. LMS has much more radios, TTS works, and if you have a premium Spotify account, you can also use the Spotify plugin in LMS.
I noticed that the last version of Picoreplayer (4.1.0) can also use a GPIO to turn ON/OFF a relay, which is a pretty nice addition.
By the way, how did you arrange the radio presets? I know it is Mini Media Player using its button shortcuts feature, but how to specify the source?

here’s how I did it - there are urls in lms which I added to the buttons.

entity: media_player.kitchen_speakers
hide:
  info: false
  power_state: false
  source: false
  volume: false
shortcuts:
  buttons:
    - id: 'http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s44491&partnerId=16'
      name: BBC Radio 6
      type: music
    - id: >-
        http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s25419&formats=aac,ogg,mp3&partnerId=16&serial=0c411c5fcea13aceab3bfd9fb4a9cfc8
      name: BBC Radio 4
        http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s150238&formats=aac,ogg,mp3&partnerId=16&serial=0c411c5fcea13aceab3bfd9fb4a9cfc8
      name: NTS London
    - id: ''
      name: Sation
        http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s223796&formats=aac,ogg,mp3&partnerId=16&serial=0c411c5fcea13aceab3bfd9fb4a9cfc8
      name: Soho Radio
    - id: ''
      name: Soma FM
  columns: 2
source: icon
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Great. I will.try it out. Thanks.