More Analytics

Right. So roughly 80% of the userbase would find it useful and 20% would ignore it
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 3.39.48 PM

EDIT: Actually I could even argue the Container users might at least check it out. They don’t use or care about addons but if there’s an addon there’s probably a standalone docker image. Might be useful for discovering self-hosted software they weren’t aware of.

1 Like

While I agree with the sentiment, I think that making add-ons/containers more visible is going to lead to more people (especially those running HAOS on a rPi3b) to bloat their instances which in turn leads to more posts about “My home assistant is [crashing|running slow|won’t load]”.

It’s tiring trying to explain to non-technical users the limitations of a SBC like the rPi and why they can’t run 15+ add-ons or containers on a SBC with a tiny processor and 1GB of ram. A lot of them get all bent out of shape about it and start blaming the platform.

1 Like

Fair point. Although I would argue that at least for HAOS/Supervised people the damage is already done in that regard. Between the core and community addons repo there’s a pretty solid selection, more then enough to get people with underpowered hardware in trouble. I wonder how many issues like that the plex addon alone has caused :thinking:

1 Like

LMAO! I had forgotten all about the plex addon, but looking at the thread, seems people are still using and abusing it.

1 Like

Most add-ons don’t bog a system down too much, it’s when people start doing video type stuff that it becomes an issue, like Plex as you mention, and another one is MotionEye…‘why can’t I record 6 HD CCTV streams on my RPi3…’. :man_facepalming:

I do like the idea of seeing the stats on add-ons being used.